Join Shelby Forums Today

How to remove part of dash for signature

Discussion in 'Shelby Collectibles: Books, Model Cars, Posters & ' started by Cobra 09, Sep 17, 2008.

1. Cobra 09

Cobra 09 New Member

Many thanks for directing me to the website for the Carroll Shelby Children's Foundation. I am sending for the plaque right away and also want to send part of the dash away for signature. Are there instructions on just how to remove part of the dash so we can send it away for signature? I have a 2009 Shelby Cobra. Does it have to be the airbag cover or is there any other part of the dash that can be removed? Is this something that should be done by the dealer or is it a relatively simple thing to do? Any help you could give me would be greatly appreciated.

2. Edward66GT350

Edward66GT350 Well-Known Member

why not just buy the part from the parts dept and send it away for sig. i did that with my glovebox door for my 66 gt350.
    ed

3. Cobra 09

Cobra 09 New Member

Thanks for the idea...I just never thought of that. However,if I wanted the signed piece displayed in the car, I'd still have to take out the original piece of the dash and put the signed one in, but It is a good idea to keep in mind.

4. 66GT350PS

66GT350PS Well-Known Member

Check with www.shelbyautos.com. You might be able to get a signature piece with verified Shelby serial number signed dash plaque.

5. Cobra4me

Cobra4me Member

sorry had to do this but here is the best way to get your dash signed:)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. John76

John76 Well-Known Member

I hope you dont take offense to this but why would you want a signature on your dash? I am not sure about the new cars but when i see a signature on a 60's Shelby or Cobra i assume it is a clone. Done for an attempt at legitimacy or authentication. I think the charitable donation is great but i am sure when you send your parts away to be signed it is done by a computer or machine. I cant imagine Carrol Shelby actually signing everything that comes in the mail. So you might just want to practice the signature...knock it out yourself...and send the $200 bucks to the Shelby Foundation. Would be worth about the same as a computer or secretary signing it. Just my 2 cents...:thumbsup:

7. Cobra4me

Cobra4me Member

thanks for your input but I dont agree and must here probably dont agree with you either

8. 66GT350PS

66GT350PS Well-Known Member

I agree. Soon one of the rarest Shelby Mustangs will be one without a signature in or on the car. I have have dozens on CS signature memorabilia from over the years but no scribble in the GT350. But if you do insist on a CS scribble, contact the Carroll Shelby Childrens Foundation for your needs. Be sure the signature is with a paint pen as felt tip fades on plastic and metal and will eventually disappear.

9. John76

John76 Well-Known Member

Cobra4me stick around a bit and you will begin to understand the joy for many is in the car. Whether it be restoring them or using them for what they were intended...driving.
    Maybe i have never been a big autograph seeker but unless the old man drove the car i could never understand sending the parts away to be autographed. But it doesn't increase the value and most of the high dollar cars don't have a signature for a reason. They don't need a signature to validate the car. They are real. The number, tag and history give the cars it's value...not a signature.

10. Cobra4me

Cobra4me Member

thanks I probably would not take parts off the car to send to be signed by CS. I was fortunate enough to have it signed by the man himself. It wasnt to increase the value of the car. He was there seemed like a great idea:)

11. CreamyJoe

CreamyJoe New Member

You don't get a CS signature on your car to increase the value. It's not about that. I assume a large majority of people with a Shelby car will never sell it. It's about getting recognized (however vaguely:)) by the man that started this whole Shelby Automotives deal. I think it's also a sense of pride. You feel privileged to have met the man responsible for your car, to own a car worthy of recognition by Carroll Shelby. So it's not about value or validation; nor does it mean the car needs a signature to be "real." It's just something some people do because they want to.:thumbsup:

12. bill131

bill131 Member

Joe you can go to Team Shelby home page click on Team Shelby Forum,it will take you to Team Forum on top of page you will see 27 page click on page 3 of 27 will find Shelby Signature on dash thread.click on it will tell you about brake down of air bag.I used it . Bill:

13. SVT

SVT New Member

If you are not married to the air bag cover idea, you could send him another piece of the interior...I believe the console cover was mentioned, but you could also just get his sig on one of your sun visors or another piece which is easily removed