Join Shelby Forums Today

Need help finding a 6 bolt bell housing

Discussion in 'Lost, Found & Looking' started by GCRIV, Sep 3, 2008.

1. GCRIV

GCRIV Well-Known Member

I am looking for a 6 bolt bell housing. I just swapped motors, and didn't notice that the bolt patterns were different. Found out from a friend in another chat room that there was a five bolt block, and later a six bolt block. Any help locating one of these would be great. The guy I bought the motor from is on vacation in Mexico right now, so I need a little help.

Gratefully,
    GCRIV

2. Cobrafixer

Cobrafixer Active Member

Once you get the new bell housing, make sure you check the collar on the transmission if you're running a manuel. I switched one out on a Cobra when we put a top-loader in and had to switch out the collar on the front of the transmission.

3. zrayr

zrayr Well-Known Member

I have a nice one I could sell. But I would advise you to check out a salvage yard first. Prices will be better, and there's no shipping costs, etc. 289 six bolt bell housings are not rare at all.

Z. Ray

4. GCRIV

GCRIV Well-Known Member

Well, I'm all out of places to search. I live in a small town, and parts yards are few and far between. I sure would like to find a 6 bolt, 289, manual transmission bell housing. Am willing to purchase if someone is willing to sell. Also need the plate that goes behind the fly wheel.

Desperately in need of the right bell housing!!!

5. 67st102

67st102 Member

I have a 6 bolt bell housing that I would sell you. Send me a PM.

Thanks