Join Shelby Forums Today

Original 67 Manual in Color and Black and White!!!

Discussion in 'Shelby Collectibles: Books, Model Cars, Posters & ' started by vernonestes, Aug 20, 2008.

1. vernonestes

vernonestes Well-Known Member

Hey Guys,

Just wanted to share a few items i got recently that i think are cool little subjects of conversation.

Here are two original, yes both are original, 1967 Shelby GT350/500 manuals. The color one is what came in most cars. However, the black and white one differs in that it has the later Dearborn address printed on the back and the manual only contains the shelby specific pages as opposed to being a normal mustang manual with the shelby stuff added in, like the original color brochures. It is my belief that the black and white version was the manual that was sent to those who requested a replacement manual. Also, i posted a pic of a piece of paper of what the Ford Owners Relations office would send you if you requested a replacement manual and they were all out, this one came from a guy who worked at the Chicago offices. It is just a black and white copy of the cover on an 8.5*11 paper. I know forum member Roddster's car got this piece of paper along with an original 65 manual when he requested a replacement. Hopefully he can log on and post a picture of his!

Just though it was something pretty cool, and since original owners manuals are now a concours requirement most of the time, just thought everyone should know.

Best Regards,
    Vern

Attached Files:

2. vernonestes

vernonestes Well-Known Member

Hey Guys,
    Had to post the black and white manual pictures in a word file because they were a strange format.

Best,
    Vern

Attached Files:

3. roddster

roddster Well-Known Member

Good points. My manual is a little yellowed over the years but sure does look like the photo (the copy). And, it is one of those first generation zero-graphic (yeah, I know - misspelled) things. And yes, it is what Shelby's company sent the second owner of the car who wrote to them asking for one.

4. Texas Swede

Texas Swede Well-Known Member

Have two of the 67 black and white manual. Bought them in Brussels, Belgium
    from Claude Dubois in 1982. Cool NOS stuff in the collection.
    Texas Swede