Join Shelby Forums Today

Wanting to find/purchase 2320

Discussion in 'Lost, Found & Looking' started by GT-350 KID, Jul 6, 2008.

1. GT-350 KID

GT-350 KID Member

Hello all,
    I am new to this forum. I am trying to locate a 1966 GT-350. My father lost the car in a divorce in 1996. My mother sold the car to Jack Bell of Denton Texas ($29K....arrrgh) in 96 or 97. It was #2320, did not have the original block, guardsmen blue/white stripes. I saw the car in Dallas a few months later (Had an invite to the Series One/SAAC meeting in Dallas) and Jack had sold it to a guy that put a big stereo system in it. Thats the last I've seen of it.

Anyway, I grew up with that car in our garage, and it obviously has sentimental value. My dad has since replaced it with an 05 Ford GT, 69 fastback, FFR cobra and a Superformance Daytona Coupe. So, if anyone has any info on the car, that would be much appreciated. Even if it is not for sale, I'd just like to see some new pics. I also have hundreds of photos of the car dating back to 1976 when my dad purchased the car. So if you know the owner or are the owner, I have a great history of the car from 1976 to 1996.

Thanks for your time and I will be checking back often.

Cheers,

Justin

2. shelby6t5

shelby6t5 Well-Known Member

Last Registry note shows a "Beth" in Kansas as the owner, and nothing about your dad, just the original owner.

Mike

3. GT-350 KID

GT-350 KID Member

Hello,
    Beth is my mother. Thanks for the reply however. My dad purchased the car in 76 in Conifer, Colorado. In 1984 we moved to Kansas where it was later sold in 96. I believe that Jack Bell owned a Company called CSX Cobras in Denton, Texas. I do know that he also purchased a Shelby In Nebraska on the same trip. He then sold 2320 to a guy in Dallas....hope I can find it. Thanks again.

Cheers,
    Justin

4. shelby6t5

I forgot to say "Welcome"!

Have you contacted SAAC with the history and any other info you may have to add to the next registry? ( www.saac.com )

Howard may be able to put you in touch with the new owner.

Mike

5. GT-350 KID

GT-350 KID Member

Thanks for the welcome,
    I have not yet contacted SAAC, but I will do so later this evening. I have ALOT of info on the car....from the mundane to restoration pics, and some parts original to the car. Thanks again.

Cheers,
    Justin

6. SFM6S2015

SFM6S2015 Well-Known Member

Was it blue with a big ugly gas cap on it?

7. GT-350 KID

GT-350 KID Member

It was blue with a big quick release cap.

8. SFM6S2015

Sorry, I guess one persons ugly is anothers quick release. I don't know where it is but it was a realy nice car. I understand why you would want it back. I used to do paint and body work for Jack. I removed the quick release cap and fixed the holes. Good luck with your search!!!

Larry

9. GT-350 KID

GT-350 KID Member

Thanks SFM6S2015,
    I was hoping you had it when I saw the post, but ill keep trying. No offense taken on the "ugly gas cap".

Cheers,
    Justin

10. Mike Christie

Mike Christie Well-Known Member

GT350KID, I know what you mean by trying to find the current owner of the car you had so much history with. I too have original documents on 6S1257 that I owned back in the sixties and would love to hear from the current owner.
    Best of luck on finding information on your car.
    Mike

11. SFM6S2015

I talked to Jack last night. He has no idea where it is now.

Larry

12. 66GT350PS

66GT350PS Well-Known Member

1966 Shelby American Auto Club registrar Howard Pardee should have the info and may be able to help you make contact. try him via www.saac.com.

13. GT-350 KID

GT-350 KID Member

Thanks for the info, will contact this evening.

14. mherman2

mherman2 Well-Known Member

Mike:

I got some information on your car from Howard Pardee. I bet if you called the dealership they could tell you who bought it.

The last known owner of 6S1257 was Anderson Ford (Lincoln, NE) who advertised it for sale on ebay 4/5/2002.

If you go to the Nevada SAAC site below, there are a bunch of pictures of #1257. It looks like someone has been giving it lots of love:

http://www.nvsaac.com/photogallery/images/1966/66_350_1257a.jpg

http://www.nvsaac.com/Shelby_registry/shelby_picture_registry.htm

Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2009
  15. steveshelbymustang

steveshelbymustang Well-Known Member

16. Mike Christie

Mike Christie Well-Known Member

mherman, thank you so much for the information on #1257. I looked at the photos and see an Ivy Green w/ white stripes 66. There is only one exterior photo and the rest are interior and engine.
    Now I'm really curious as to where the car is today. I can only imagine seeing my old car on Ebay. I'll give the dealership a call and see if they will provide any information on the new owner. I still have the original title application and warranty documents for this car. I don't expect them to give me very much information, but I might be able to leave my name and number and they can pass it along in case the new owner would be interested in these documents.
    I really appreciate you thinking of me and the update on this car.
    Thanks again.
    Mike

The last two of the photographs that I saw were of the engine. I could the the serial # plate, but could not see the actual number. Guess it really does not make any difference if I was looking at the engine of my old car or some other Shelby. I really appreciate you guys pointing me in the right direction in finding the new owner.
    Thanks again,
    Mike

Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2009
  17. shelby6t5

350 KID -
    Howard emailed me this morning, He is not a member of this forum, but heard of this thread and he would like to hear from you.

saachp@snet.net

Please let me know you got this, and tell him Mike C 65 # 17 asked you to write.

M.

18. GT-350 KID

GT-350 KID Member

I will shoot him an email today. Thanks again.

19. AccelerateAutoGroup

AccelerateAutoGroup New Member

I recently acquired 2320 here in Dallas, TX and sent Justin a PM. Hopefully he gets it.

20. 66GT350PS

66GT350PS Well-Known Member

To get some history on the 66 GT350 cars, it is highly recommended that you get a copy of the 1965-1967 SAAC Registry from a vendor like Tony Branda.
    http://www.cobranda.com/20sashre1204.html or other vendor that stocks them. It will give amazing information of the GT350 in general and some info on your car. Then be sure to contact the 1966 Registrar, Howard Pardee, to provide updates on ownership.