Join Shelby Forums Today

esp ford warranty.

Discussion in '2nd Generation Shelby Mustangs' started by formervettowner, Jun 30, 2008.

1. formervettowner

formervettowner Member

Did anybody purschase the esp Ford warranty when buying their gt 500. I am looking at the 7 year 60,000 mile warranty for $860. I dont usually agree with these but with this car it might not be bad insurance. It will give me four more years on electrical. If I buy it now I am paying for it in todays dollars and if I do need it later might be a real bargin, crap shoot I guess. Thanks Mike

2. zrayr

zrayr Well-Known Member

I bought the esp ford warranty (100,000 mile version) for my 2003 Focus STV. You might consider it comparing apples to oranges, but nevertheless it was a prudent decision as poor quality materials led to several costly failures.

The workmanship might be better on the GT-500, but Ford seems to be cutting costs on materials & parts across the entire product line.

Z. Ray

3. steele138

steele138 Well-Known Member

bought esp on my 2003 cobra,they put a throw-out bearing,flywheel clutch and new tranny.....well worth it
    steele

4. 2COKEMAN

2COKEMAN Active Member

I purchased the 7yr/80km Premium care plan, just incase!

5. elfgod33

elfgod33 Member

I have a 2008 GT-500 so I got the 100000 / 7 yr. Never hurts with a car like this. You know, the better safe than sorry...

6. daltondavid

daltondavid Well-Known Member

it is a transferable warranty if I am not mistaken that can assist in making a sale on the car fdurther down the road. new owner pays $100 transfer costs. not a bad move.