Join Shelby Forums Today

looking for my old 68 500

Discussion in 'Lost, Found & Looking' started by steele138, May 8, 2008.

1. steele138

steele138 Well-Known Member

Had a 68 500 from '75 to '80,Originally lime gold,was '76 Thunderbird Lipstick red;had 289 C4 in it at time of sale, 14"US slotted mags.Guy that bought it let his son take it out and he promptly parked it under a dump truck,last i saw it it was in front of a transmission shop with a standard mustang nose on it.
    Car had tilt,someone put a overhead console in it that was parchment i kryloned it semi gloss black to match interior,
    Car had one cancer spot fixed on right 1/4 in front of rear wheel'patchrd with chunck of door from F-700 about 5"x2"
    Prior to repaint stripped off old repaints(they just painted over the previous)
    Figure if the car has been redone traces of previous colors would still be lurking,Car had been Lime Gold,White,Med blue,orange,black jade then red oxide primer finally lipstick red
    I sanded one whole summer to get paint off that car
    Would like to know if its still around
    Was in Oklahoma City
    Had a book that had all info some pictures;realized it was lost in my office fire a couple years ago.
    Just Wondering
    Steele

2. mherman2

mherman2 Well-Known Member

If you have the Vin or Shelby # I imagine some guys here can find it in 5 mins.

Mike

3. steele138

steele138 Well-Known Member

The vin was in my book of info lost in the fire;thought my folks had some things in thier attic that had info on it but haven't found anything,thought the description might jar someones memory.
    steele

4. gt350andcompany

gt350andcompany Active Member

There was a guy in Sacramento that I met sometime back who had one that resembled this car by the brief discription. I kind of remember him saying something about Tulsa. Perhaps this is the same car. He may still have this car. I think I have his number. Let me look around a bit.