Join Shelby Forums Today

1967 Shelby GT500 serial# 0333

Discussion in 'Lost, Found & Looking' started by Gotham Ford, May 3, 2008.

1. Gotham Ford

Gotham Ford New Member

Hello to all,
    I just thought I've give this a shot.
    I ordered, back in the fall of 1966, a Dark Moss Green 1967 Shelby GT500 (auto trans./no Le Mans stripes) serial# 0333. I took delivery in NYC in Feb. 1967. This car had the inboard lights, no grill emblem, the black non-logo air cleaner top, and had working rear brake ducts. I sold it in late 1968. All I have left (besides the fond memories) are two photos and the original registration document. Does anyone know anything about the car ?
    Thanks in advance; and I could tell you lots of tales of what it was like back in the day with this car. :)

2. crzy4shelbys

crzy4shelbys Well-Known Member

Hi there,

I'm not sure if you have a copy of the '97 Registry, but I checked there, and the only ownership info it has is you (assuming you're Jeff). It states completion 1/17/67 and shipped to Gotham Ford 1/19/67. It states your ownership period being '67-'68, as you stated. After that it says Present owner not known. That's all in the footnotes. What's interesting is that the Registry shows the information as you stated (Dark green, inboards, etc.) but it also shows the last update being February of 1990, so some subsequent owner (or someone who knows of the car) has updated SAAC since your ownership. If you've got a document that you want to pass along to the current owner, you may want to contact the SAAC Registrar, Dave Mathews (67registrar@saac.com) and see if he can put you in contact.

Welcome to the forums! Sounds like that was a pretty cool car. I'd love to hear stories about it's glory days.

Josh

3. Gotham Ford

Gotham Ford New Member

Hi Josh,
    Yes; that's me. Thanks for your information (I do not have the Shelby Registry book). I'll try to contact the person you recommended and follow up with this matter.
    Regards, :) ...
    Jeff