Join Shelby Forums Today

have you clone guys ever see this 350r clone

Discussion in '1965-1970 Shelby Mustang GT350 & GT500' started by pwm74, Apr 29, 2008.

1. pwm74

pwm74 New Member

hello guys new to the site. got a 1965 fastback that i am restoring to a gt-350r. i am just absorbing everthing on this forum. well done. wil be posting pics soon

http://www.classiccarstudio.com/main.php?stock_num=1165

looks very nice.

ps. did 350r's have workable blinkers, did they have the handle on the column

2. gt350andcompany

gt350andcompany Active Member

What a great car. The details are great. This is how the clones should look. I for one grow tired of seeing the clones with the original ford badges still on the car and with automatic transmisions. LOve and appreciate them however I like it when they really go the extra mile to make it a near show condition car. I know deep inside its a clone but applaud the craftsmanship and dedication to doing a job right like this car.

3. racingdivision

racingdivision Well-Known Member

For me the items like after-market grant type steering wheels, dash pads and the ever present 66 bezel dip, along with stock passenger side mirror and the ford mustang (instead of evenly spaced shelby) export brace and shock towers makes this car less than complete. Another $3500. and they would have had it.

I wonder if they got their 59K asking price.

Stay tuned.

4. gt350andcompany

I agree its not perfect but a much better interpritation by a guy with pasion then the masses for sure.. Last I heard this car is still available. %(k will probably be a harder sell. few more grand and it would be done.

5. pwm74

pwm74 New Member

good critique racing division. its a big jump tp cut the plate bracket off the dash. i did it the other day on mine, it really makes the interior.It looks like that might of been fords idea in the begining (maybe they had to put in safety padding).

6. Jerry_Moss

Jerry_Moss Well-Known Member

Hi

@gt350andcompany

If you like this clone you go crazy when you get to se mine! :thumbsup:
    I don´t think it is a good clone. The steering wheel, the door, the exhaust,
    the wheels all looks funny.
    I would rather say: "Nice try!" :thumbup:

Bye Jerry

7. gt350andcompany

What I enjoy about this car is how clean it is and how much detail they did do. I know its not perfect and I know there are things that are not right but its a beautiful car that obviously a guy with a lot of pasion for the real thing has.

One thing I have always disliked about car shows is when people go by a beautiful car and judge the car and all its small imperfections, seemingly missing all they things right they did do to the car. These shows are usually not the concourse shows they are the sunday show and shine. Real fun gatherings.

In my opinion this is a great car Regardless. After all its a clone not a real car that you have to have every nut and bolt date code correct. The builder did a good job, Only the nose in the air purist would not notice and appreciate that.

My two sence, agree or disagree

8. gt350andcompany

Jerry,

I would love to see yours.. Can your forward some photos of your amazing baby? I need an adrenilin boost today. Wife is driving me crazy!

hahahah

9. Jerry_Moss

Jerry_Moss Well-Known Member

ha ha ha

It is not finished. I´ll post some pictures in a few weeks
    when the body is back home in my garage. Promise! :thumbsup:
    You are right that the car is nice. It is better than most of
    the so called R clones.
    Pictures in a few weeks! :thumbup:
    Bye Jerry

10. gt350andcompany

Thats even better. Mine isnt done yet either. Love to see your progress thus far. Trade ya photos. I want to be out working on my baby but the beautiful misses has me running around doing stuff to get ready for vacation...

Do they not understand? hahhahah

D