Join Shelby Forums Today

70 Shelby GT500 Clock Info

Discussion in 'Lost, Found & Looking' started by Coolhandluca, Apr 24, 2008.

1. Coolhandluca

Coolhandluca Member

I own # 2965 and the clock (Original) is mounted externally in a black plastic housing. I was told this was b/c of the Dealer air evaporator prevented the clock depth as in the other cars. I have never seen another Shelby or pic of this clock. Anyone with any information about this would be greatly appreciated. The clock still works although a kid broke into my car for the stereo and cracked the clock face. I was planning to remove the clock b/c the stereo has a digital clock already and I don't like the look of the old clock.
    I need to take a pic of this clock as I owned the car since 1974 and never took a pic of the dash. I guess if someone needs this to complete a car I will sell it. I also have the original evaporator and housing from the dealer air. I swapped the dash to a factory unit for the extra ducts since I only had one big one in the middle.

2. markboss

markboss Well-Known Member

I have seen a 70 GT350, with the same type of clock...It was equipped with an ARA aftermarket air conditioner...
    I have heard of a few of these type clocks, looks kinda weird...

3. Bob Gaines

Bob Gaines Well-Known Member

The item you are discribing is not a assembly line installation but one needed when installing a dealer add on air unit. They are not desirable and any thing you get for it will be found money in my opinion. I would eliminate the big clock especialy since you changed out the lower dash and can now install more assembly line appearing components. Bob

4. Coolhandluca

Coolhandluca Member

Thank You. I didn't want to use it and wasn't sure if I should remove it. The only problem is the monting screw holes left in the dash from it. Since it is a mustanf part (Woodgrain Look) I'm sure I can find a replacement.