Join Shelby Forums Today

Carroll Shelby autographed card $$$$

Discussion in 'Shelby Collectibles: Books, Model Cars, Posters & ' started by p0intNsh00t, Apr 21, 2008.

1. Coralsnake

Coralsnake Well-Known Member

I have been on this forum since it started. I really dont care what the value of these cards is....however, I do note this thread seems to follow a familiar pattern:

New person enters and asks a question

New person dislikes answers given to them

New person suddenly gets support from another new person

New person tries to justify their postions again

New person and/or friend get mad and accuse forum members of being mean and rude

Seen it a dozen times.

If you want to know the value sell them for no reserve.

2. Montana Musclecards

Montana Musclecards New Member

I agree...sell them at a good car auction with documentation...not e-bay...this will tell all of us that is what they were worth at that time & place...not tomorrow, or in a different place, with different buyers. Rare items are hard to get a track record established since they hardly ever get put up for sale. I only have one good question for you...if you don't care, why do you reply?
    Also, if you see this kind of conversation repeating itself with you, maybe you might want to take a look in the mirror...maybe your words mean something?
    Again I'm not a seller..just a messenger...
    You have a great day Coralsnake!

3. Coralsnake

Coralsnake Well-Known Member

In response to why I reply? .... because I strongly feel like at least one or more of the people posting here in this thread are involved with trying to manipulate the conversation and/or prices. I merely provide an alternative perspective.

I am not sure why you are so defensive? Maybe if you go back and read some old threads, you would see understand the forum better. It's for sharing ideas and presenting the facts. When the total sum of all the newbie postings exceeds 10, I will be willing to extend them a little more credibilty. I have demonstrated that credibilty, repeatedly, for ten years.

4. 66GT350PS

66GT350PS Well-Known Member

As a another long time gatherer for 30+ years (I do not consider myself a "collector" as many items were personally given to me by CS), I agree with Coralsnake on his take on these repeated postings on this and other similar forums. The new era of Ford powered Shelby named vehicles and the current factory have made for a different market and demand.
    Before there was the Shelby Heart Fund/Carroll Shelby Children's Foundation/Carroll Shelby Foundation there was not a lot of great record keeping. In the initial years there were no Certificates of authenticity and signatures were $25 each, when available. The first Foundation director, Herlita, had her long hours full of trying to keep up with CS' schedule and public demands working out of the first small storage area in Gardena. A lot of paperwork was not done until there was demand for certificates and details on limited production items years later. In the beginning, the Foundation wanted to quickly get established by raising funds through signatures and product sales. For many years CS scribbled scores of items each day at his office or on the road as well as attending events to sign items for the fans.

Bottom line is value is what a buyer will pay on an item on a given day. Rarity is not indicative. 1965 Six cylinder bench seat Mustangs are rare today, but they still do not command great value pricing. To me, any item that can sell for more than it's original purchase price is a collectable to some seeker. And hopefully, buyer and seller will agree on the price and be satisfied.

B)

5. mrmustang

mrmustang Well-Known Member

X2 :thumbup:

What is the line, oh yeah "Greed makes good people do bad things"

6. tom j

tom j New Member

Bill S,
    This is my first post on this site... I found it searching the internet for what is available in regards to Shelby memorabilia.
    I currently do not own a Shelby, but have in the past as well as owning a few Mustang vintage race cars.
    I am interested in Shelby Trading cards, not to buy and resell, but just to finish out my collection.
    I have a few full set of the "Mustang" cards as well as 1 out of the sub set gold cobra signed and numbered card.

One very interesting set I am very proud of is a full set of the silver Cobra sub-set, that I had Carroll Shelby autograph. I met him at a breakfast in Des Moines Iowa many years back when he was the Grand Marshal of the Des Moines Grand Prix. I had the cards mounted in a group for his autograph. I remember he asked me how I would like him to sigh it... should he sign each card or should he write really big and try and hit each card. He did the later...

Tom J

7. mrmustang

mrmustang Well-Known Member

Excellent, having a complete collection of all of the cards is commendable. How about some pictures of your Shelby memorabilia :lmao:

8. rshelby

rshelby ShelbyForums Admin Staff Member

Tom,

Can you show us a photo of the silver signed cards? I would like to see.

Thanks,

Randall