Join Shelby Forums Today

6s1902

Discussion in 'Introductions and Greetings' started by etrejo51, Apr 7, 2008.

1. etrejo51

etrejo51 New Member

Ola Amigos. 6S1902 has been sitting in my garage now for over 30 yrs. This car been in the family since my cousin Dan bought it on the El Camino Real in 1968 for $2100. He sold the car to his brother Robert in 1970. Bob previously had owned a 66 GT350H model. Immediately he began a project to turn it into a show car. The entire engine department was stripped out and the Saphire Blue paint was removed and primered black to make it Black with Gold stripes. He sold the transmission and was going to fit it with an automatic but he never did replace the tranny. Everything in the engine compartment that could be chromed was sent to the chrome shop.. Yikes!! A year or so later he got married and lost interest in the project when he sold it to me, entirely unfinished. For the next 15 years the car just sat in my garage. Over the years I have had numerous offers to sell, but no offer was ever tempting enough for me to let it go. :)

My son talked me into having the car verified and now that Howard Pardee has given us the thumbs up we are on our own project now to complete the restoration. This looks like a great place to get started! Thanks Forum.

2. vernonestes

vernonestes Well-Known Member

Hey welcome to the forums!
    Sapphire blue is one tasty color!
    Im sure the car is going to look great...be sure to post some pics before/after!
    Vern

3. jbarela

jbarela Well-Known Member

We are 99.9 percent done..pics hopefully comming soon!!

4. rshelby

rshelby ShelbyForums Admin Staff Member

That's great. Love to see them. :thumbup: