Join Shelby Forums Today

68 Side Scoops

Discussion in '1965-1970 Shelby Mustang GT350 & GT500' started by 1968gt500, Mar 27, 2008.

1. 1968gt500

1968gt500 Active Member

Hey guys,

Ordered a reproduction lower scoop for my 68 awhile back. Body man called me for a decision before paint. The scoop is different in appearance from the original on the other side. The screw attaching holes are not drilled, but there are molded in spots for them. They are not in the original location. I found a site on the web for Stangaholics. They have a repro pair that appear exactly like the originals in the pictures on their site. Does anyone know if these are a faithful repro of the 68 lower scoops. Has anyone dealt with this company before? The repro I have is not acceptable for resto. Maybe for a clone but not for a real car. Thanks.

1968GT500

2. Bob Gaines

Bob Gaines Well-Known Member

I have found that the more abundent original CA Special side scoops can be converted to a Shelby scoop by carefully cutting out the normally closed front opening. I hope this helps. Bob

3. 1968gt500

1968gt500 Active Member

Hey Bob,

Where can I find a CS scoop? Are there any pictures online where I can see one. Mine has the correct shape, it just is not correct around the opening. I have one original, and they don't look enough alike to satisfy me. Most people probably wouldn't notice, but I don't want to do something like that to a real Shelby. Thanks.

1968GT500

4. Bob Gaines

Bob Gaines Well-Known Member

ebay and swap meets . The CA special scoop had a silver screen that concealed the fact that it was not cut out. I'm sure you can google it and find material and pictures. I hope this helps. Bob