Join Shelby Forums Today

67 GT 350 Block

Discussion in 'Lost, Found & Looking' started by CJPaul, Feb 21, 2008.

1. CJPaul

CJPaul Member

Hello all, how would i go about locating the original engine and trans for my 67 GT 350?

Last edited: Feb 21, 2008
  2. rsimkins

rsimkins Well-Known Member

CJPaul,

I wouldn't post the Ford VIN for a '65, '66, or '67 Shelby in a public forum such as this. If someone were to also find out your Shelby VIN, you could suddenly find that someone selling a "numbers matching" car using your numbers. This is the reason why SAAC will not give out the Ford VIN, only confirm that it is the correct Ford VIN for the car. Just a word to the wise.

3. CJPaul

CJPaul Member

Yea, that was stupid. thanks

4. tesgt350

tesgt350 Well-Known Member

You could start "Back Tracking" the previous owners until you locate the one who did the engine swap and find out what was done with it. That would be the easiest way.
    David.

5. CJPaul

CJPaul Member

Thanks for the reply David. Unfortunately the original owner is dead. I purchased the car from the second owner to whom the car was given to settle some back pay when the first owner died (he worked at the shop for the original owner and we are talking about late 60's early 70's when this transpired). The engine was pulled almost immediately and a BB was swapped in.

6. tesgt350

tesgt350 Well-Known Member

If the Second owner worked for the first owner, can he remember what they did with the 289? if not then, it is unlikely that you will be able to locate the engine unless you do a lot of advertising (News Paper, Craigs List and on Forums) giving a lot of Details about the Shop, the Time Frame on when the Engine swap took place, Shop Employee's, etc......... Good luck, I hope you can find it.
    David.

7. CJPaul

CJPaul Member

Thanks, I may need to do that. The second owner does not remember what they did with the engine "it was only a small block" Who knew!