Join Shelby Forums Today

Who Makes the Best Quality GT40 Replica?

Discussion in 'GT40 & Ford GT' started by mbrouder, Feb 4, 2008.

1. mbrouder

mbrouder Member

Car must also be track worthy. After all, what's the point in owning a sports car and not pounding on it? Is it the one Superformance offers?

2. tesgt350

tesgt350 Well-Known Member

FORD does. They replicated the original quit nicely. Second in line would be Roush. Not sure who is building the Rolling Bodies for him but he builds them for the Track and they are Streetable.
    David.

3. Slither

Slither Member

I was really impressed when I saw the CAV gt, but the Superformance is super nice as well. i would take any one of them!!:thumbsup:

4. vernonestes

vernonestes Well-Known Member

Love the heritage paint finishes in the superformance cars.
    Best Regards,
    Vern

5. 67GT500#2100

67GT500#2100 Shelby Forums Pit Crew

I too was impressed when I saw the CAV model. I have never been up close and personal with a superperformance version yet.

6. patty.dilabio

patty.dilabio Well-Known Member

Hi folks! Don't forget the cars built by Lee Holman.They are from the original blueprints,and can be built to your specific needs for color,engine,etc.As close to a real car IMHO.Remember you get what you pay for!:)

7. shlby66

shlby66 Well-Known Member

The Holman-Moody Ford GT is as real as it gets. The H-M Vin Tags were
    given to them along with the authorizing permission letter signed by none
    other than "Henry the Duece" himself. Only costs a little more to go 1st Class!
    shlby66

8. mbrouder

mbrouder Member

can anyone tell by these pics. what type this is?

Attached Files:

9. tesgt350

tesgt350 Well-Known Member

FIBER-FAB????????......Just kidding :alarm: I have only seen a couple companies build in the Gurnny Bubble so that should be a good Clue to start with.
    David.

10. The Commissioner

The Commissioner Well-Known Member

Superformance, and now you can get the MkI or MKII in "full track mode", ie a/c delete, cage and fuel cells for the same rolling chassis price as just a street car, starting at $79.9K. I have about 4000 miles in SPF GT#003, Roush 427SR/RBT transaxle and it was a blast on the street or on the track. I have a bunch of photos in my gallery, tracked it at Sebring, VIR, Barber Motorsports Park, and Road Atlanta, but it's a great street car as well with a very high capacity a/c unit. Built out pricing is about $120K depending on the engine/transaxle selection. GT003 was featured a couple times on Dream Car Garage at Road Atlanta and VIR. :thumbup:

11. snakeman

snakeman Well-Known Member

FIBERFAB?????????& FIBERFAB -GHRU :thumbdown:wacko:are a big joke, snakeman will still be laughing about that one for a long time. Enough about the Big Joke. I'll have to agree with "SHELBY 66" on that one H&M for 1st Class I'll take a wild guess anyway and say Factory Five on car in the picture?

12. Allen English

Allen English Member

I know that this is an old post, but I thought I would reply to it since I do know what brand replica that car is and I know the man who use to own it. What is the best replica? I say its the one that you own of coarse. :D

The car is manufactured by Race Car Replicas and Dean Lampe was the owner of that car. I just received my Race Car Replicas RCR40 MK1 a few weeks ago. Not completely finished yet, but not to far from it either.

It can be seen here and this is a small walk around a couple days after it came home. Enjoy - http://www.youtube.com/user/427scal?feature=mhw5

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

13. bossshelby

bossshelby Well-Known Member

I live right next to RCR,Race Car Replicas and have to say that after a walk throught their shop,the cars they make are the best I have ever seen.You get what you pay for and these are very well represented.