Join Shelby Forums Today

1968 Shelby GT500 headlight buckets

Discussion in '1965-1970 Shelby Mustang GT350 & GT500' started by in_titusville, Feb 1, 2008.

1. in_titusville

in_titusville Member

I'm restoring a 1968 Shelby GT500 that was in really bad condition. I'm at the point where I have new fenders, new headlight fiberglass, new headlight parts and I can't see where it all fits together. Now I'm told the headlight bucket that hold the headlight fits in to another bucket that's mounted to the headlight brackets that are mounted to the fender. I'm also told this inner headlight bucket isn't available new. Now I have been told a few things about what I should do and I would like to know what is correct.

- Use 1960 to 1965 Falcon headlight buckets
    - Use 1968 or 1969 Falcon headlight buckets
    - Use early 1965 Falcon buckets

If anyone knows what the part number is for this inner bucket I need is or if anyone knows what Falcon I should get this part from please let me know as this is one of the last things I need to do to get this car done.

Thanks,
    Peter

2. Blueracer99

Blueracer99 Member

Hi Peter,

A friend of mine had been asking the same question while looking for parts to build his brother his car. I believe the buckets that he was told to use were from a 65 Falcon, but can't be absolutely sure. He found his answer from talking to (I think it was Milt) at Tony D. Branda Mustang and Shelby Performance. Here's a number.
    Technical Support: (814)942-1869
    Monday-Friday 9AM to 4PM
    You might try giving them a call.

Cheers:thumbsup:

3. in_titusville

in_titusville Member

I talked to someone (forgot the name) at Tony Branda and he told me use 1960 to 1965 Falcon headlight buckets. I called Mustangs Unlimited and talked to their tech support guy and he told me use 1968 or 1969 Falcon headlight buckets. I called Tony Branda back again and talked to someone else and he said use early 1965 Falcon buckets.

This is why I'm here asking since everyone so far has told me something different and I would like to find out what's correct before I start buying parts that don't work.

4. highland green

highland green Well-Known Member

Branda has always been right for me. Nice guys!. He also sells a repro 68 Shelby assembly manual, it has been useful , with its illistrations and part #s. They dont cost much and are helpful.

5. in_titusville

in_titusville Member

I did get the 68 Shelby assembly manual from them but it's not very clear on the headlight assembly. They also gave me slightly conflicting info on the Falcon buckets to use. If I go by what they say I think I should use a 65 Falcon bucket but someone there also told me 1960 to 1965. If anyone know if 1960 to 1956 Falcon headlight buckets are the same please let me know. I'm also still looking to see if anyone knows exactly what year Falcon bucket a 1968 Shelby uses.

6. TLEA

TLEA Well-Known Member

Hi Peter,
    I can't remember what the original application was but it is a C6 part #. Remember even with the correct bucket you need the S8MS brackets to adapt it to the Mustang fender. I'll check tomorrow (sorry I'm already in Super bowl mode today) to see if there are part #s on the buckets, I should have several in the shed.
    Tim

7. in_titusville

in_titusville Member

I was just given part numbers for these inner headlight buckets but have no way to know exactly what they are or what car they are used on but it looks like from the part numbers they are for a 1966.

Part #:
    C6DB-13008-A
    C6DB-13008-B

I think the S8MS numbers are:
    S8MS-1300-A

I think the S8MS numbers are replaced by:
    C7ZB-37A

8. tesgt350

tesgt350 Well-Known Member

1965 Falcon must have been a Split Year for the Headlight Bucket which is most likely why someone said 1960 to 1965 and then someone else said early 1965. Which would stand to reason that a 1960 to early 1965 Headlight Bucket would work.
    David.

9. in_titusville

in_titusville Member

If it's true the part number I need are:
    C6DB-13008-A
    C6DB-13008-B

Wouldn't that mean late 65 or 66.?