Join Shelby Forums Today

contemporary cobra

Discussion in 'Shelby Cobra' started by highland green, Jan 13, 2008.

1. highland green

highland green Well-Known Member

I have found an incomplete contemporary cobra kit consisting of a frame with jag front and rear suspentions some 427 engine parts and a few odds and ends. Can this kit still be completed useing another companys body and parts needed?:confused: :blink: The owner says a midstates body and parts, but he seems uninformed on cobra questions.:eek:

2. roddster

roddster Well-Known Member

A guy I know used to say; "You can beat it to fit, and paint it to match".

About everything.

If the price is right, buy it for the 427 stuff. But, if he doesn't know too much (seems to have gotten this from another disinterested owner) it might be a 390 or a T-bird 428 engine. You;'l need to verify that.

3. highland green

The 427 stuff is real, Dove heads & intake a c5 crank & lemans rods, no block. I have my own 427 engine to use, so most concerened with being able to complete the kit. I would rather buy a complete kit, but they are difficult to get across the border.Transport Canada shut down Superformance and I would rather have a ERA or a csx Shelby, but they must be brought in in peices no rollers. So does any one know if another companies kit is similar to a contemporary so that it can be completed or is it a lost cause.

4. DJR

DJR Well-Known Member

There is a company near Toronto making bodies but who knows if it will fit. Then there is all the little stuff to cause problems. Solve it all with 12G and drop the 427 in a FFR, transport Canada legal.

5. highland green

the factory fives that I have seen are not correct and I donot consider them authentic or dimentionaly correct replicas. The only replicas Im considering are ERA, Contemporary, CSX4000. if I had thetime for alum, KIrkham. I will wait for a complete car. Thanks

6. cabby

cabby New Member

i have a contemporay corba that my father gave me.it on a frame and has the a full drivetrain.just wanted to know if you are interested? i'm in ca where are you?

7. mrmustang

mrmustang Well-Known Member

You realize that you responded to an add from 2008, right? :doh:

I suggest listing it on clubcobra.com

Make sure you write a detailed description, and include pictures and a realistic asking price when you do.

Bill S.