Join Shelby Forums Today

ex-Gulf Ford GT for sale in UK

Discussion in 'GT40 & Ford GT' started by bitzman, Dec 28, 2007.

1. bitzman

bitzman Well-Known Member

Here's the listing I was referred to by a GT40 fan on a site called Classic Cars for Sale. I know the name Duncan Hamilton as a long famous classic car dealer. "POA" means "price on application," i.e. if you have to ask you can't afford it...
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

1965 Ford GT40 Ex-Works Gulf Car For Sale £POA

Duncan Hamilton Are Delighted To Be Able To Offer An Incredibly Important and Significant Ex-works Gulf Ford Gt40 Team Car, Chassis Number 1084. The Car Started Life In 1965 with Chassis Number Gt40 P/1004 and Ran At Le Mans In That Year Entered By The Well Known Privateer Entrant, Mr Rob Walker with Bob Bondurant and Umberto Maglioli To Drive. The Car Retired Early On Despite Showing Great Speed. The Car Was Then Put Into Storage and In 1968 Brought Back Into Service By The Jw Automotive Gulf Team and Built To The Same Specification As The Famous Double Le Mans Winning Car, Chassis Number 1075 For The Spa 1, 000 Kms Race Driven To Fourth Place By Paul Hawkins and David Hobbs In Atrocious Wet Conditions. After Its Retirement From The Gulf Team The Car Had Two Long Term Private Owners. In Recent Date After Meticulous Preparation The Car Ran 2007 Goodwood Revival Meeting Driven By Jean Marc Gounan To Second Place In The Whitsun Trophy. The Car Is Eligible For All Pre-1965 Events and Is A Highly Competitive and Front Running Car with The Added Bonus of Being One of The Incredibly Rare Gulf Team Cars. A Highly Unique Opportunity To Acquire Such A Famous Ex-gulf Team Car.

2. isaak-gt500kr

isaak-gt500kr Well-Known Member

Yep, I can't afford it. But, how much? :unsure:

3. steveshelbymustang

steveshelbymustang Well-Known Member

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 29, 2007