Join Shelby Forums Today

1967 gt500 to shelbys new 427 engine !!!

Discussion in 'Introductions and Greetings' started by kingcobra, Dec 23, 2007.

1. kingcobra

kingcobra New Member

Hi everyone i've been dealing in mustangs and shelbys for many years. I have owned several k code mustangs (6 fastbacks,3 coupes,1 conv) including the first fastback built 5F09K250009 i will never forget that # and often wonder where the car is today. i currently own a 1967 shelby gt500, 1968 shelby gt500KR both complete but needing to be restored. i was thinking on purchasing one of shelbys new 427 engines and putting it in my 67 gt500 (keeping the original 428 to the car). i know its not original but its lighter and more horses and looks neat. i was wondering if anyone out there has done this to their shelby ? kingcobra

2. DH 48

DH 48 Member

If you plan to do that call Roush Engines. They don't advertise it in there catolog or website, but they do 4 different versions of an FE 427. They are all built on Shelby's ally block with Edelbrock heads. They have taken over for Shelby since Shelby had so much trouble producing them.
    A friend of mine just got his for his Kirkam 427 Cobra. It looks great, but we have not installed it yet.