Join Shelby Forums Today

Ken Miles in Comstock Cobra?

Discussion in 'Shelby History and Miscellaneous Topics' started by bitzman, Dec 20, 2007.

1. racingdivision

racingdivision Well-Known Member

Re: Miles in Comstock Cobra--what color was Ken's helmet?

Ken Miles wore a British Racing Green Bell with black visor.

2. A-Snake

A-Snake Well-Known Member

There is a good picture in Rinsey Mills book AC Cobra on page 91, however the visor appears BRG also. ;)

The color photo on page 36 of The Cobra-Ferrari Wars shows Miles with a helmet not marked BELL. Hard to tell color, could be BRG.

3. bitzman

bitzman Well-Known Member

Canadians might have the pictures

Trying to find Canadians with pics. Sometimes we forget a lot of Shelby American history took place in Canada. I remember going to Mosport...something about rumors of wild French Canadian girls.
    Anyhow I wouldn't doubt it was BRG as Miles was a true Brit and on his own factory racing Cobra sometimes ran the British Race Drivers Club emblem. He raced in England even in the late '40s, so was a racer long before Shelby ever sat in a race car

4. computerworks

computerworks Well-Known Member

The following members have materially contributed to the facts on this topic, that will result in an original art print being created by Wallace.

racingdivision
    A-Snake
    ERIK
    computerworks

I would presume all listed will receive a signed copy from the artist for their help in the factual representation of the subject... why, it's the least he could do. :thumbup:

Great work, all.

5. bitzman

bitzman Well-Known Member

I thought this was a free advice forum?

I can probably make some 8 x 10 prints
    if any painting would could suffice but the actual painting is a long way off --I'd prefer to paint Miles first in the blue 427 at Lakeside in Australia as to me it's a more exciting car than the Comstock. But does this mean
    when I do research to answer someone's question like on the '60 Shelby/Boss 302 and I posted my preliminary findings on the forum that I should be sending a bill to someone who uses the information for their own edification? I thought this was an information exchange? I am glad to impart any factoids; old stories; results of research if it doesn't take a trip to far-off locations to find it. I am mostly interested in broad strokes of information, such as what happened to the '66 Sebring winner; what happened to the Ghia Cobra, etc.

I did look up Ken Miles helmet in the Rinsey Mills book and yes, it is kind of a dark green like a housefly and has a Bell insignia. I think he probably took his own helmet everywhere as nothing is more annoying than getting to a race and not having a helmet that fits.

6. marineau32

marineau32 New Member

my dad race the csx2002 car at the 6 hrs of tremblant whit michel treamblay

7. marineau32

marineau32 New Member

Re: Canadians might have the pictures

my dad race whit michel treamblay the csx2002 cobra my dad have somme picture! you cant see picture at autocourse.ca of the car csx 2002 at mont- treamblant québec canada in album 1965 to 1973!!