Join Shelby Forums Today

New book on dream garages shows several Ford GT owners

Discussion in 'GT40 & Ford GT' started by bitzman, Dec 13, 2007.

1. bitzman

bitzman Well-Known Member

Was pleased to see in a new book by a guy whose last name is Roy (his grandfather was Ross Roy as in the ad agency) that there are several Ford GT owners represented in Detroit area garages. Can't recall title of book something like DETROIT DREAM GARAGES . Foreward by Don Sherman of Automobile magazine.

One of the owners was predictable--Jack Roush, whose firm did the testing for the Ford GT. In the pictures his car looks uncompleted. They also show the GN34, a mid engine car Ford developed before the Ford GT, ugly car, but apparently tested out pretty well. One of the other owners of the '05-'06 type GT also is shown with a Mk. II replica he is building from scratch.

I was surprised when it showed the Bronco of Edsel Ford it didn't show any GT. I would have thought that him being a large stockholder, he'd have the first one....I remember back when he had an original GT40 restored by Dan Gurney's shop

2. computerworks

computerworks Well-Known Member

Wallace, do you ever go back and read what anyone posts on the threads you start.

You started the same thread on CC an hour ago...and I thought I would help you with the correct title and an image of the book. Helping you is never getting a reply saying thanks.

You are apparently in a write-only, read-never mode.

:rolleyes: Have a nice day.

3. vernonestes

vernonestes Well-Known Member

I like the dream garages book that has lynn park's collection in it.........very cool!!
    Vern

4. bitzman

bitzman Well-Known Member

That was the first Dream Garage book

Lynn is hoping to expand the garage so he can work on Cobras.
    The old shop where he sold wheels is phasing out since he sold the wheel company