Join Shelby Forums Today

65 350 Dash Pod

Discussion in '1965-1970 Shelby Mustang GT350 & GT500' started by Jeff65, Nov 25, 2007.

1. Jeff65

Jeff65 New Member

Hi I am only new to this site and the mustang world.

I am in the process of restoring a 65 4 speed fastback. I have purchased a dash pod for the Tacho and oil gage as I reckon they look heaps better than the rally-pack.

I am after and information on how to affix the pod to the dash. It looks like it attaches to the dash via a couple of screws. Does that hold it enough so it dosn't shake about. or is there a better way.

Does anyone know of any links to tech write ups?

Thanks in advance
    Jeff65

2. eljimb0

eljimb0 Well-Known Member

The screws will hold it just fine, Remember the screws go through the dash "foam" and into the sheet metal beneath it. It is a big job to install the thing.
    It also involves hacking away some of your dashboard underneath it. Plan the whole installation before you do it. Have all the wires and tubes connected to the instruments, and the instruments mounted in the dash pad first. Then push the wires and tubes through the hole you have hacked in your car ... hook up the car ends later. Also remember the ground wire for the instrument lights. The oil gauge probably expects that it is connected to metal (chassis ground)
    good luck!
    jimbo

3. Jeff65

Jeff65 New Member

Thanks jimbo...

Looks like a good job for me over the christmas break after santa brings me my guages.

thanks again.

4. philksr

philksr Member

When I installed my pod I found that the plastic is a little thin and the screw holes tend to tear out over time. I used epoxy to glue two small washers to the bottom of the pod and it has held for over a year.

5. Cobradon

Cobradon New Member