Join Shelby Forums Today

New Terlingua Car Unveiled At Sema

Discussion in 'Shelby News Forum' started by Bob Gaines, Nov 1, 2007.

1. Bob Gaines

Bob Gaines Well-Known Member

I was at the Shelby press party Sunday night were all the Shelby VIPs were on hand to unveil three different versions of the car named after the racing team from the sixties that got it's name from Shelby's ghost town and the now famous crest that long time Shelby friend and team artist Bill Neale came up with as a tongue in cheek poke of fun at the prancing horse crest of Ferrari . The first will be built at Shelby on a late model platform with a V6(probably for insurance reasons)and be modified with appropriate badging,engine mods and cosmetic enhancements .Of course the signature black with yellow theme is carried out on the outside. Next a 1967 Trans Am coupe themed car with a Keith Craft built stroker motor dynoed at over 500 HP under the hood . This car looks like the Jerry Titus car. The TA car will be built at a Kieth Craft separate facility in Texas. The last but not least is a Terlingua themed 427 CSX 4000 Cobra.

2. DeLa1Rob

DeLa1Rob Well-Known Member

3. CobraMan

CobraMan Member

Help me understand Keith Craft engines.

I'm not getting it.

Start from the beginning, please.:confused:

4. Bob Gaines

Bob Gaines Well-Known Member

Keith Craft is a well known Ford engine builder . I hope this helps.

5. vernonestes

vernonestes Well-Known Member

The car certainly does stand out!
    BEst Regards,
    Vern

6. rshelby

rshelby ShelbyForums Admin Staff Member

Shelby unveils Terlingua models at SEMA

Autoweek.com

Shelby automobiles is reviving yet another name from the past with a line of Terlingua Racing Team-branded models. Unveiled at the Specialty Equipment Market Association show in Las Vegas, the Terlingua-tuned cars include a 2008 Mustang and two continuation models from the Shelby stable.

The legendary Terlingua Racing Team dates back to the 1960s, when Ford teamed with Carroll Shelby to turn the Mustang into a race winner. Shelby's competition version of the Shelby GT350, emblazoned with a Bill Neale-designed black and yellow rabbit logo, claimed its first race win in 1965 with Ken Miles at the wheel.

The Terlingua Racing Team package (base price $7,995) for the 2008 V6 Ford Mustang includes handling and braking upgrades and an optional supercharger that pushes the engine to 375 hp. Styling mods include a special hood, 20-inch wheels and the famous Terlingua rabbit.

At SEMA, Shelby also introduced a Terlingua continuation-model 1967 Mustang revamped with modern technology for $99,500 and a Terlingua-tuned 1965 427 Shelby Cobra.

Bill Neale designed the Terlingua rabbit logo.

7. tesgt350

tesgt350 Well-Known Member

The Car looks BadA$$. I am SOOOOO glad to see Shelby using the V6 Platform more, first with the CS6 and now this. You believe how many Emails I had received bashing me for including the V6 in the Tribute Edition Shelby's that were built. People hear "V6" they automaticly think super slow, when in reality, the V6 has just as much power as the Base 289 V8 (or better) and I consider the V6 the NEW Small Block and the 4.6 the new Big Block. I was told a while back, (by someone I can trust), when the CS6 came out that I was partly responsible for Shelby working with the V6 Cars since so many of the Tribute Edition Shelby Mustangs produced were V6 Cars. I don't know how true that is but, I'm cool with that. I would love to have a CS6 or the new Terlingua Mustang.
    David.

8. vernonestes

I just got back from las vegas where i toured the factory and got under a terlingua v6 car with the optional paxton underhood while it was being serviced on a lift. I was actually rather surprised when i saw the car in person as in the photos i thought it looked a little too over the top. However, after viewing the car in person, i have to say that it is done very tastfully and just looks like a badass ride, plain and simple. The car truly much more attractive in person than in the photos.
    I have got to say that i was truly impressed by the huge bang for your buck that you recieve with this car! For the price of a v6 car plus something in the high 14,000 to low 15,000 range, you recieve what i believe is a true road racer for the street! The car has much beefier suspension (obviously), a functional ram air hood, quarter window black outs, razor wheels, baer 6 piston brakes, a tasteful spoiler, guage pod, momo racing seats, custom shot throw shifter, custom hood pins, mesh grille, front facia, side scoops, sequential tail lights, engine start button, functional brake cooling ducts, running board heat shields, (my favorite) borla designed side exhaust (make a pretty mean roar), and of course the paxton which gives the car an astonishing 375+ hp (was told by amy bolyan herself that the car is close to a strong 400 hp)!
    (oh yeah...plenty of 'drunken rabbits' all over the car)
    THis car will eat any stock gt 500 for lunch on the road course and cost less than you pay for a stock shelby gt! (plus it will be far more scarce)
    Shelby Autos says that they are marketing the car to the youth market, but i have to say that i am seriously considering pulling the trigger on this one if i can scrap some coin together.
    Just thought id share.
    Best Regards,
    Vern

9. vernonestes

Hey thanks for the link!
    I have seen that car on ebay and it looks pretty cool but the terlingua that i am talking about is the 2008 mustang 6 that is converted at shelby autos in LV.
    Thanks Alot
    Best Regards,
    Vern

10. vernonestes

11. shelbnut

shelbnut Active Member

That is one of the Terlingua Mustangs built by Dallas Mustang Parts. I'm pretty sure that one is Bill Neales.

12. vernonestes

Ya...bill neale a partner in the current terlingua cars built by shelby autos. There will be both a 289 and 427 cobra, a 67 trans am continuation, and the 2008 terlingua mustang.
    BEst Regards,
    Vern