Join Shelby Forums Today

Original owner '87 GLHS for sale

Discussion in 'Shelby Dodge' started by 2shelbys, Oct 18, 2007.

1. 2shelbys

2shelbys Member

Man I hate to do this but the time has come. I am selling my '87 GLHS. I bought this car new on 11/25/86 and it is as nice as any '87 GLHS you are likely to find. This is just a heads-up because I need to compile the list of extras (tons of them) that will go with the car. If you think you might be interested E-Mail me at got2glhs@verizon.net and I will send you info and pics as soon as I have everything together, which should be this weekend.

Steve Shock
    SDAC Membership Coordinator 1986-1991

2. rare_ram

rare_ram Well-Known Member

Where, mileage, how much?:cigar:

3. 2shelbys

2shelbys Member

1987 Shelby Charger GLHS # 0364

Photos here: http://s206.photobucket.com/albums/bb238/2shelbys/GLHS 0364/
    Click “View as a slideshow” for big pictures.

I am the original owner. I bought the car on November 25, 1986. It is not perfect but it is as nice an ’87 GLHS as you are likely to find. Except for the Stage II logic module, Centerforce clutch, chrome-moly bearing end plate, boost gauge, plug wires, Walbro fuel pump (2 months ago), and stereo it is all original, un-modified, and un-molested. I just put new rotors, calipers, pads, and shoes on it less than 1000 miles ago and replaced the cap, rotor, plugs, wires, and distributor about 500 miles ago. The oil has about 2500 miles on it. It still has the last 4 digits of the VIN in grease pencil on the leading edge of the hood from the Shelby factory assembly line. Original paint is in great shape. All Shelby-specific parts are present. The roof and lower front air dam were repainted this year. It has a couple of door dings with no paint penetration. It has brand new plugs, wires, and cap and rotor. It has always had synthetic fluids. Mobil 1 and Red Line MTL at first and Amsoil ever since. It runs, drives, and brakes strong and perfect. The Le Mans wheel center caps on it need to be restored but I am including a set of new decals and a brand new set of 4 original Le Mans wheel center caps with original logos. The tires are Yokohama AVS Intermediate 225/50’s. They are old but have plenty of tread left.

The interior is near perfect except for the sagging headliner, deterioration of the panels beside the back seat, and the CS is worn off the driver’s seat. It has a boost gauge that is mounted so it can be removed without leaving any indication it was ever there. It has a factory CD player from a ’99 Jeep that looks like it came original and Infinity speakers all around. It has the extremely rare Shelby embroidered L Body floor mats, not the more common (but still rare) P Body mats stuffed into an L body and they are perfect. There were only a small number of these sets ever made.

Extras that go with the car:
    All original paperwork and all receipts since day one.
    GLHS radiator/fan/intercooler assembly.
    GLHS fan.
    Indy Intercooler (new)
    Original logic module and 2 Shelby Stage II logic modules.
    Spark control computer
    Original Centurian wheels in great shape.
    3 extra Shelby Le Mans wheels.
    Extra set of 4 original Shelby Le Mans center caps w/logo, brand new.
    Brand new brake drums.
    Original A/C compressor (clutch bad)
    Extra A/C compressor (ready to put on).
    Extra Koni struts, (one needs rebuild).
    Brand new strut mounts.
    Nippondenso 90 amp alternator (and full conversion instructions w/ part numbers).
    4 14 inch steel wheels for snows (from my OMNI GLHS, this car has seen no snow).
    Brand new Dynomax muffler and HP catalytic.
    Brand new underdrive pulley set.
    2 extra steering wheels (used).
    Extra alternator wiring harness.
    Front license plate bracket (never been on the car).
    New center cap logos (4), “Premium Fuel only” and shift pattern decals.
    Original stereo.
    Extra set of H4 headlights.
    Original bearing end plate.
    Extra differential (out of my Omni which had a Quaife).
    Various extra shift rods and bushings.
    Brand new steering column harness with turn signal assembly.
    5th injector / Mitsubishi BOV setup (never built or put on).

The issues needing attention:
    Driver’s inside door handle works intermittently.
    Sunroof needs a new seal but does not leak at all.
    Needs a new headliner (don’t they all).
    Needs rear hatch dampers.
    Mobil 1 plaque is mostly worn off.
    1 rust bubble about the size of a dime in the driver’s door.
    Surface rust on the rear axle housing.
    Paint starting to flake off the valve cover.
    Steering wheel leather is worn but no holes, tears, or loose threads.
    Various tiny chips in the nose and hood but no rust.
    Part of the “H” in “GLHS” is missing on the hatch.

I would like to see $7,500 for everything but the price is negotiable, especially for an SDAC member or another person that will maintain and restore it rather than modify or race it. It is too nice for that. You can E-Mail me at got2glhs@verizon.net or call me at (410) 256-5948 – home or (410) 627-1497 – cell with any question or to set up a time to see the car. It is about 15 minutes north of Baltimore, Maryland.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2007
  4. 2shelbys

2shelbys Member

5. 2shelbys

2shelbys Member

IF YOU ARE WATCHING THIS AUCTION AND PLANNING TO BID AT THE LAST MINUTE...

I have an offer of $6500.00 for the car and only some of the parts listed with it from someone that I hang out with. I wanted more than this for the car but I would really like to see it go to someone I know or someone in the SDAC OR SAAC. If you were going to bid more than that let me know because if no one is going higher I will probably end the auction early and sell it to him. Thanks to all who have looked and asked about it.
    Steve

6. 75coug

75coug Member

Boy, that was a nice looking car. Did you sale ultimately get completed to your satisfaction?