Join Shelby Forums Today

Now that I changed the Name of my Company.....

Discussion in 'Open Community Forum' started by tesgt350, Oct 15, 2007.

1. tesgt350

tesgt350 Well-Known Member

Because of what Ford Motor Company has been doing, I have pretty much finished changing the Name of my company from MUSTANG F/X to MESTENGO F/X which was more involving then I thought it would be. My Bank would not change the Name on my company checking account unless I brought them a certified letter from the IRS stating that the Name has been changed........yeah, like I am going to voluntarily contact the IRS.......LOL. either way, it was easier to just close out the account and open a new one.
    Now that all of this is taken care of, I haven't heard any more about Ford going after businesses with the words: Mustang, Stang & Pony in the title lately. Several Mustang Magazines would keep us up to date on the mater monthly, but lately, there has been no up dates. Does anyone have any up dates? Has Ford Backed Down? Backed Off? or are they still going after businesses but doing so under the radar? Did the Magazines stop the "Up Dates" to please Ford? Please post up if you have any "Up Dates". Thanks.
    David.

2. vernonestes

vernonestes Well-Known Member

It is sort of a shame that ford would go after these businesses that are merely trying to acknowlegde the legacy of ford motor company. It doesnt matter if ford owns rights to certain phrases, they should be appreciative of people who keep the tradition alive.
    BEst Regards,
    Vern