Join Shelby Forums Today

2008 GT500 Wrecked Already

Discussion in '2nd Generation Shelby Mustangs' started by Doug_GT350, Oct 15, 2007.

1. Doug_GT350

Doug_GT350 Well-Known Member

The Headline reads....'08 Shelby GT 500 Driven into stream.

October 14, 2007 12:38PM
    A South Jersey couple vacationing in the Pocono Mountains escaped injury early today when they drove their 2008 Ford Mustang Shelby GT 500 off a bridge connecting Caesar's Paradise Stream Resort to Route 940, Pennsylvania State Police at Swiftwater said.
    Joseph and Linda (nanme removed) of N.J., were inside the car about 12:36 a.m. when it struck a guide rail, overturned and ended up partially submerged in a stream, police said. They got themselves out of the 500-horsepower coupe.
    Pocono Mountain Volunteer Fire and EMS and Barrett Township Fire and EMS assisted police at the incident in Paradise Township, Monroe County. Police ask anyone with information to call investigators at 570-839-7701.

Sorta reminds me of the old Bumper Sticker from the '70's.....
    "BAN LOW PERFORMANCE DRIVERS, NOT HIGH PERFORMANCE CARS"

2. tesgt350

tesgt350 Well-Known Member

Does anyone besides me see a "DUI" ticket in the near future, (when Blood results come back).:eek:

3. mrdoc442

mrdoc442 Well-Known Member

So apparently the 2008 GT500 is relatively

safe, but doesn't float real well?

Maybe an Amphicar would have been a better choice for the couple.

Doc

4. tesgt350

tesgt350 Well-Known Member

Re: So apparently the 2008 GT500 is relatively

I think a Taxi would have been better......... AND cheaper.......LOL. I wander how much over MSRP they paid, the Insurance won't cover that, and I bet they won't even pay the MSRP considering that a NEW car looses value as soon as you sign the papers. Being upside down in water, AFTER going over a gaurdrail, I am sure it is totaled.
    David.

5. Shelby~gt350#3000

Shelby~gt350#3000 Well-Known Member

Thank God they are ok.

Hmm, one less for the registry?

6. vernonestes

vernonestes Well-Known Member

Makes the rest of um worth more in the future.

Back in the day, the shelby american employees used to bet on how long it would take certain 427 cars to return to the factory........in boxes!

Best Regards,
    Vern

7. Vinny

Vinny Active Member

Glad the people are alright. Too bad about the car. They probably should have bought a six cylinder mustang, saved themselves some money and some heart-ache ! Let's hope the feds aren't keeping track of all these accidents some drivers are having with these high perf./ high horsepower cars. It would give them ammunition on why they "must restrict horsepower on cars in the name of safety."At least they wouldn't be able to use the lame excuse that was used in the early 70's......something about "smog belching engines".

8. vernonestes

vernonestes Well-Known Member

Told this story once before....My uncle had a 427 cobra with dual quads, roll bar, and side exhaust. He thought the car was way to scary so he sold it for something a little more subdued....a 1964 Dodge Super Stock Hemi Car! Anyway, he sold it because it was the only car that ever scared the shit out of him. The next owner, unfortunatley flipped the car....the roll bar saved his life. These cars (08 gt 500s) are only for drivers who know what they are doing!
    Best Regards,
    Vern

9. Calvin

Calvin Well-Known Member

I think Alain DeCadinet's comments about the 427 Cobra being the only car he was truly afraid if was a statement about the cars. When he drove the one for Victory by Design he was truly aprehensive about the 427 Cobra.