Join Shelby Forums Today

Bill Neale & Seth Vandable to Debut Shelby Artwork at the Shelby American Collection

Discussion in 'Shelby News Forum' started by rshelby, Oct 11, 2007.

1. rshelby

rshelby ShelbyForums Admin Staff Member

Bill Neale and Seth Vandable to Debut Carroll Shelby Artwork at the Shelby American Collection's 11th Annual Holiday Gala

Automotive fine artist Bill Neale and sculptor Seth Vandable will unveil new masterpieces honoring the career of automotive icon Carroll Shelby during the Shelby American Collection's 11th annual celebration at its museum in Boulder on December 1, 2007. The party will honor the race history of Carroll Shelby, his 1960s Shelby American Team and the automobiles they built.

Neale's painting includes Carroll's image in his famous black hat as he looked during the 1967 season. It also features five of his most famous creations including a 1967 GT40, the first GT350R, a 427 S/C Cobra, a Daytona Cobra Coupe and the "Ken Miles" FIA 289 Cobra.

"Bill and Carroll's friendship reaches back to Shelby's early driving career in Texas," said Steven Volk, Shelby American Collection co-founder. "As both have enjoyed stellar achievements in their chosen fields, it was natural for us to commission Bill to create a painting commemorating Carroll's winning history. The original and a limited number of prints will be sold to benefit our endowment fund."

In addition to the original art, the museum will offer a limited edition print of the painting by Neale at the event and through its Web site. A founding member of the Automotive Fine Arts Society, Neale's paintings are in many exclusive private and museum collections across the globe.

"Bill Neale is in a class all his own," said Carroll Shelby. "I'm proud to call him my friend and personally own several of Bill's original pieces. He can capture a moment or convey an emotion in a way that draws you into the painting. Whoever ends up owning this piece will have a rare treasure."

Vandable's stunning, life-size bronze sculpture recalls Shelby's historic victory at the 1967 24 Hours of LeMans. It will mark Vandable's second contribution to the museum as he created a portrait bust of legendary driver Ken Miles in 1999. Vandable was recently inducted into the National Sculpture Society as a Professional Member. He has gained worldwide acclaim for his ability to capture the intensity of the human spirit and his knowledge of human anatomy.

"It's an honor to be associated with the Shelby American Collection and I always enjoy their annual gala," added Neale. "Traditionally they use a photograph from the 1960s to create their gala invitation and poster, so I'm pleased that new forms of art will be used to pay tribute to Carroll and his accomplishments. Mr. Vandable is a remarkable talent and I'm thrilled to be unveiling my painting next to his sculpture."

The Shelby American Collection's 11th annual event is expected to draw a crowd of over 400 attendees. The party is the non-profit organization's sole fund-raising event of the year with proceeds benefiting the ongoing operation the Shelby American Collection museum.

"There are a limited number of tickets available to the gala with Carroll Shelby, which is why we asked Bill Neale to create an original piece that could also be turned into a print," stated Volk. "Those who cannot be part of gala can still support the museum and be part of the celebration."

About the Shelby American Collection
    Founded in 1996, the Shelby American Collection is dedicated to the preservation of Shelby automobiles and the history of the 1960s Shelby American racing team. The non-profit organization's 10,000 square foot facility museum in Boulder, Colo., houses one of the world's most extensive and significant collections of Shelby American racing automobiles. The collection also includes many rare, prototypical and developmental parts, race trophies, historical records, driving and crew uniforms, artwork, vintage models and many other unique items. The Shelby American Collection museum is open to the public on Saturdays. For more information, visit the website at www.shelbyamericancollection.org.

TimePiece Public Relations
    Scott Black, 214-520-3430
    sblack@timepiecepr.com

2. DeLa1Rob

DeLa1Rob Well-Known Member

Re: Bill Neale & Seth Vandable to Debut Shelby Artwork at the Shelby American Collect

Another fine reason to attend this event! Bill's work is great.

robin

3. daltondavid

daltondavid Well-Known Member

Re: Bill Neale & Seth Vandable to Debut Shelby Artwork at the Shelby American Collect

I had the pleasure of talking with Bill at SAAC 32 and really was honored to have done so. I am an Artist myself and have long marveled at his talents and unique approach to capturing the essesnce of Carroll and the Shelby Cars. great guy and even greater Artist if that is possible!:thumbsup: