Join Shelby Forums Today

Trying to find Ray Geddes

Discussion in 'Shelby History and Miscellaneous Topics' started by wcardoc, Sep 5, 2007.

1. wcardoc

wcardoc Member

I am wondering if anyone has contact information for Ray Geddes? I am sure some people here have more knowledge of him than I, but I do know he worked for Carroll Shelby starting in 1962 and then also worked for Ford in many areas including director of special vehicles along with many other titles.
    I am asking because I have a 1968 Shelby #0056. This is the first GT500 Convertible ever produced and it was ordered and sent to Shelby Engineering in October of 1967 and is listed as being a test mule for several things, but was also listed as being assigned to Ray Geddes. My search has lead me to a company in Colorado called "Unique Mobility" where I believe Ray Geddes was the CEO until sometime very recently. I am trying to do research for the restoration of this car and would like to contact Mr Geddes if possible.
    Since he was involved with Shelby Engineering for some time I wondered if he has ever been interviewed or contacted and if so, Is he still around?

Has anyone even heard of Ray Geddes? Or his ties to Shelby and/or Ford Motor Company?

Thanks
    Chuck

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 27, 2008
  2. mherman2

mherman2 Well-Known Member

3. TLEA

TLEA Well-Known Member

I know who he is but don't know where he is. After being the Ford/Shelby liason it looks like he, as you discovered, worked foe UQM from 81 till at least 95. I show him being 63 in 1995.
    Tim

4. computerworks

computerworks Well-Known Member

Contact Bob Shaw at the following:

Operations Plus
    P.O. Box 26347
    Santa Ana, California 92799 U.S.A.
    phone/fax 714-962-2776
    email: aquacel@earthlink.net

Bob maintains the Former Shelby Employees directory and can help with locating him.

Please report back with your findings.

5. wcardoc

wcardoc Member

Thanks guys for your help.

Chuck

6. bitzman

bitzman Well-Known Member

Ray Geddes died

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but it is my understanding that he died. When last I heard of him, he was chairman and founder of a company called Unique Mobility in Aurora, CO., and a few years ago was showing a hybrid car at the LA Auto Show. He was a man with unique abilities, having both engineering and business degrees and a gentleman. We forget sometimes when reading these histories that the movers and shakers who shaped Shelby American in the Sixties are now all past 60 , many in their 70s, and that the "glory days" were more than 40 years ago....

7. Bob Gaines

Bob Gaines Well-Known Member

Re: first GT500 convertible

I would like to point out that the first GT500 Convertible was produced in the1967 model year not 68. It now has a less then correct restoration and resides at the Volo museum.The first GT500 convertible meant to be sold to the public was a 1968.

8. katiegeddes

katiegeddes New Member

Ray Geddes (my dad) passed away in September 2003 at the age of 70. He had reluctantly retired from Unique Mobility.

9. Coralsnake

Coralsnake Well-Known Member

:guitar:

Thanks Katie,

I will pass that on to the original person that posted the request. I know him. As a matter of fact, I am restoring his car now.

I think everyone would like to say thanks for stopping by and we all appreciate your father's contribution to the cars we all love. He will have a long legacy.

Feel free to email me if I can help you in any way. I appreciate the fact you still have some interest in the cars.

Pete

Coralsnake68@hotmail.com

10. PonySnake

PonySnake Active Member

11. trueblue

trueblue New Member

My name is Al Axelrod and I write for 2 web sites, veloce.com &
    sportscardigest.com I would like to write an article/bio about your dad.
    I livein Denver after about 50 years on the LA West Side. I had a very busy foreign car shop for 23 years and having had a Pantera since 1976, knew of you dad and his accomplishments, along Hi-performance Motors et al.
    Would you be interested in helping me put together a story honoring your dad, with photos and other background info?
    I always allow and want the final proof of anything I write to be by whoever provides the story.
    Thanks. I am at 303 694-0737
    Al
    axelsmart1a@gmail.com

Last edited: Nov 25, 2011
  12. UlrichSievers

UlrichSievers New Member

Dear Mrs. Katie Geddes,

I actually have a 1969 Shelby GT 500, gulf stream blue, and according to Jeremy Roberts in Las Vegas it has been bought and owned by your father. I'm very interested in the history of this car and I want to ask you whether you remember that car and maybe even have more Information, pictures etc which you would like to share with me.
    Your answer will be highly appreciated
    Best Regards
    Ulrich
    www.usclassicmustangs.com

13. Coralsnake

Coralsnake Well-Known Member

Ulrich, I sent you an email and should be able to help.....