Join Shelby Forums Today

Ford GT - OK, whos had one for awhile

Discussion in 'GT40 & Ford GT' started by 65gtfastback, Aug 14, 2007.

1. 65gtfastback

65gtfastback Well-Known Member

Its time for one of you lucky baasterds that own a Ford GT to share whats its like to own and drive one of these cars for several months now.

2. isaak-gt500kr

isaak-gt500kr Well-Known Member

Re: OK, whos had one for awhile

Yes I am. I have almost 12k mi. on my '05 FGT and I absolutely love the car. I have had no issues with it so far. The car does everything a great performance car should do and better and has the creature comforts too. The first set of rear tires were gone after 3500 mi. The second set has made it over 8000 mi. with modifying my driving style. For the Ford enthusiast it is the ultimate Ford for me and I have owned a few others. The car sure gets the looks going down the road or setting in a parking lot. People are always taking pictures and asking questions. If you get into my neck of the woods give me a call and I'll take you for a spin. :thumbsup:

3. stephen_becker

stephen_becker Well-Known Member

Re: OK, whos had one for awhile

I bought, brand new, in January of 2005, a 2005 Ford GT - very early production # 00138. All options but the colored calipers. It just hit 4,000 miles and I have had & am having a blast with this car - It is the best road car built. I have had zero problems with the car and the selling Ford dealership, here in North Georgia, has been more accomidating then any other brand-dealer that I have ever owned.

The car is white with blue stripes.

Ford did an injustice when calling off production of these cars in 2006.

...........what a ride!

Stephen

:) :laf: :thumbup: :p :dance: :D