Join Shelby Forums Today

Ken Miles Video / Cobra at Riverside

Discussion in 'Shelby Cobra' started by PonySnake, Aug 10, 2007.

1. PonySnake

PonySnake Active Member

This video must be someplace in these Forums - but I had never seen it till tonight. Now it will be up to the smart guys to figure out what car this is? Notice the "pristine" condition of the nose paint. ENJOY
    YouTube - Woderful World of Wheels

2. computerworks

computerworks Well-Known Member

That's CSX2431 :cool:

3. 5S545

5S545 Well-Known Member

Very cool! Love that sound!!:D

4. ChiCobra

ChiCobra Well-Known Member

Also note the passenger side speedo doesn't work. This CD is available online and a great addition to the collection.

5. 5S284

5S284 Well-Known Member

Wow this is neat, yea it is CSX 2431, The final evolution of the 289 Cobra racecar, the heim jointed personal USRRC 289 Cobra of Ken Miles. Tom Benjamin now owns the car and drives it very well, it can be seen at the Shelby Museum in Boulder,CO. It was at SAAC32. Everyone at Shelby American (in Venice) was given a nickname by Bill Eaton, drivers were no exception, Miles had several nicknames, Eaton gave him "sidepipe" since he talked through the side of his mouth. The person who opened the door for Miles, I believe, was mechanic, John Collins, who just past away, the person who opened the passenger side of the hood I think was Red Pierce, don't know who the person was on the driver's side of the hood was. Love the 48IDA Webers. Sure looks like Riverside, the only only place Shelby American visited on a regular basis to do testing also was Willow Springs, this looks more like Riverside. I will never forget my ride in CSX3020, one of two 427 dry sump original Cobra comp cars, also having no windscreen on the passenger side. Down the straight, the helmet lifted up with such force I had to use one hand on the chin strap just to keep it on my head. Ah memories. Too bad the video stopped just as it was getting good, can you get a longer version somewhere? Thanks for posting this. :thumbsup:

6. A-Snake

A-Snake Well-Known Member

7. computerworks

computerworks Well-Known Member

Always an interesting question....my files show 3002, 3004, 3013, 3016, 3019, 3020 and 3022 (maybe...it's a fuzzy picture) with dry sump systems.

8. 5S284

5S284 Well-Known Member

The ones I remember were CSX3002, CSX3020, but in reading the SAAC registry (quickly) CSX 3013 also had a dry sump..........I thought I had a pretty good memory on this stuff, but I missed this one. I didn't read the other chassis numbers you had having dry sumps, I thought there was 2 , I guess now there was 3. Thanks