Join Shelby Forums Today

Series One Color Combo's?

Discussion in 'Shelby Limited Editions' started by tesgt350, Jul 27, 2007.

1. tesgt350

tesgt350 Well-Known Member

It seems that MOST of the Shelby Series 1's were Silver. I have seen 1 White Car, 1 Black Car and 1 Hot Pink Metallic Car. Those 3 had no Stripes. A couple of the Silver Cars that I have seen also had no Stripes. Most of the Silver Cars had either Dark Red or Dark Blue Stripes and I have seen 1 that had Orange Stripes, one with Dark Green Stripes, 1 with Black Stripes, 1 with Dark Silver Stripes and one with Yellow Stripes. Who installed the Stripes? They were all done the same......... Same width and Same Center Spacing. Could you have ordered the Car in ANY Color with any Color Stripes?

D.

2. csx5021

csx5021 New Member

In the beginning when I put down my deposit I was told by Shelby, they only offered the Series 1 in silver. The only option I was offered was 3 color stripes and how they ended on the front and rear of the car for an up charge. I did persuade them to paint my stripes with a PPG Color# I supplied. Then as the years went by and no cars were delivered and enough people asked, you could get your car painted any color for an additional $15,000. Never could get a straight answer on the number of cars painted silver, stripes, or another color.
    Thanks, David