Join Shelby Forums Today

Carroll's Latest Comment on Charity issue

Discussion in 'Shelby History and Miscellaneous Topics' started by daltondavid, Jul 26, 2007.

1. daltondavid

daltondavid Well-Known Member

Carroll addresses the Publisher of Autoweek concerning the Article:

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 18, 2008
  2. tesgt350

tesgt350 Well-Known Member

It looks just like the same article as in the other Thread so why start another thread on the same subject?
    D.

3. daltondavid

While to you it may appear just like the other article, it is not. the other letter was written to Friends and supporters. this letter is directly to the Publisher of Autoweek and has some other more significant points brought up. you might try and print both out, sit them side by side and compare. let us know how you make out with it!!:doh:

4. rshelby

rshelby ShelbyForums Admin Staff Member

We have received complaints about the other thread and have removed the thread to look into the issue. At this point, I cannot tell you whether it will be reposted. Thank you for your patience as we examine this situation.
    Randall
    Shelby Forums Admin

5. 5S545

5S545 Well-Known Member

Daltondavid,

I read the other thread before it went away, and the articles, and while we almost certainly don't know all the facts, my question to you is this:

Why are you so quick to believe the worst about a man/company that seems to mean so much to you?

I would also like to point out that it is not necessary to be rude to other forum members, after all, this is really quite a small family.

rshelby likes this.
  6. daltondavid

5S545, I do not necessarily WANT to believe the worst about these allegations at all. several months ago I was made aware of not only this but several other situations concerning Carroll and Company. I have Questions based on this prior knowledge that you and most others simply are unaware of. I hope that explains why my concerns appeared to be so "Quick". Time will tell the outcome of not only the Charity case, but several others that loom on the horizon. I am uncertain as to what you may feel it is that I said that you consider to have been "Rude". if it was my reply to the opening response from "Tesgt350", it was not meant to be rude at all. try and look at it as an attempt at "Dry humor".:dance: the two letters from Carroll Shelby were addressed to two different people/groups with significant statements that when put alongside of each other, the differences were obvious. I recommend that everyone read them both as they show Carroll taking the Bull by the Horns on this issue. I think that is what we have all been wanting to see and I am glad he wasted little time in doing so! I hope have a most pleasant weekend~ David

7. Bish

Bish Active Member

DaltonDavid & S.B.,

I for one appreciate your "matter of factness".
    I love Carroll for all he has done, but I do like to have BOTH sides of the story in order to make an informed decision!
    Fact of the matter is nobody is perfect and I'm also happy to see Carroll "grabbing the bull by the horns"
    And as far as the other things go that were said let's remember "sticks and stones" people!

8. shelbnut

shelbnut Active Member

9. daltondavid

Shelby donates to sick baby

12:00 AM CDT on Sunday, July 22, 2007

Here's the softer, gentler side of Carroll Shelby, the rowdy Texas racer and father of the legendary Cobra.

His Carroll Shelby Children's Foundation has donated $10,000 to Children's Medical Center in Dallas for the care of 18-month-old Megan Crawford, who was born with a heart condition called atrial septal defect.

Mr. Shelby founded the children's foundation after having a heart transplant in 1990. The foundation (Shelby Children's Foundation) is holding its second annual "Win a Shelby Raffle" for a Ford GT 500. Tickets are $25 each or $100 for five, and all proceeds benefit the foundation.

"As a heart transplant recipient, I know firsthand the physical and emotional struggles patients face when waiting for an organ donation," Mr. Shelby said. "I also understand the challenges that families face trying to pay for their kids' medical treatment."

Atrial septal defect, sometimes referred to as a hole in the heart, allows oxygen-rich blood to leak from the left side of the heart to the right and then be pumped back to the lungs. It can be treated successfully.

Terry Box

10. owenkelley

owenkelley Member

Re: Shelby and SAAC at Odds

He may be focused on the "prospering" end of things, but at this stage of the game I believe it's to ensure the endowment of the Childrens Heart Fund. Some people may look at it as greed, but I think it's his attempt to continue his legacy of charity into the future. He has helped alot of children over the years, and I think he wants to continue to do so. Given his work for charity I'm happy to pay for autographs etc.

11. Sandy Galbraith

Sandy Galbraith Well-Known Member

You might be surprised to learn more about the charity and exactly how many children he has made donations to.

You can read an article at the following link and decide for yourself as to how genuine he is. I don't know him personally so I have no opinion one way or the other. I think the article brings up some interesting points that need to be addressed for the sake of transparency.

One has to also ask does Autoweek have an ax to grind on this subject? I sure don't know. IF the article is presenting facts then they should be able to stand on their own merit. I don't have any way to verify how accurate they are. You might want to look into them.

Things are not always as they appear. Take care.:guitar:

http://www.autoweek.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=200770723007

12. daltondavid

I wonder whatever became of Miss Jackson??

Last edited: Nov 27, 2007
  13. DeLa1Rob

DeLa1Rob Well-Known Member

Re: Children's Heart Fund

I think you may be on to something. After all, Nobel is now more known for his Prizes than being the creator of dynamite. Carroll may be looking to leave a positive legacy long after the gleam of his personal career has faded.

robin

14. Benzito

Benzito Well-Known Member

My understanding is that the assets of the charity are fairly low in comparison to most charitable organizations. Understandable, as this isn't The Salvation Army, United Way, or some other established and long-lived entity.

If they didn't continue to build up the cash in the charity for investment (to make money off the money) by taking more in and temporarily giving less out, they'd either end up giving paltry donations or else run out of money way too soon.

15. highland green

highland green Well-Known Member

I dont know about the charity issues or the law suits with SAAC and others, but their seems to be to many questions and to many legal issues that I dont understand. It makes me wonder if Carroll is calling the shots, or is it a Corp. useing his name? CS was a hero of my youth, a legend ,an icon. I want to think the best of him, but he is always in contoversy. If nothing else, its sad.:confused: