Join Shelby Forums Today

lower side scoops

Discussion in '1965-1970 Shelby Mustang GT350 & GT500' started by patty.dilabio, Jun 29, 2007.

1. patty.dilabio

patty.dilabio Well-Known Member

Hello again shelby fans!
    This is a question or maybe a survey to find out about ducted brake scoops.I was looking over the pictures of Erics car and it caught my eye.The inside is not blacked out,and you can see the duct opening is in the center of the scoop.This is the question...What is the highest car number you have seen with this type?for now let us call them the first series scoop.The second series has a duct that is in the lower section,and is smaller in diameter.This is one detail that is not mentioned in the 97 registry either.From info we have collected so far,this seems like another change to speed up production of cars and to lower costs.So please check out your car and lets see what we can discover.!!

2. roddster

roddster Well-Known Member

Good question. I've looked at many 67's but don't recall when the change kind of happened. At least #0036 has the first type.

Folks: if you are rebuilding a shell, or had a car that was stripped, don't answer. That will not be reliable information.