Join Shelby Forums Today

Newbie w/ Shelby Dakota ?s

Discussion in 'Shelby Dodge' started by 79LilRed, Jun 17, 2007.

1. 79LilRed

79LilRed Member

Hi all, just in here with some questions about this truck as I am not real familiar with them too much. I do own an 90 Dakota Convertible SE package but, no power windows/locks/ cruise.
    Anyways, I am just curious how much could I get one that would still be in decent shape but, physically & mechanically but, would have higher miles say around 90k-150k miles on it? How much should I expect to pay? Second off, how hard is to mod the motors in these things with computers and what type of gas mileage (I know its a truck) do they get as my convertible dak gets an easy 21-22 mpg on the highway with V6 auto combination. Thank you in advance.

2. ShelbyDakota

ShelbyDakota Member

In order to find one at all, just keep your eyes open. Whether you like it or not, Ebay is the biggest showcase for autos now. Most seem a little high, but every now & then you get a good deal. I had to drive 500 miles round trip to pick mine up (I got it on Ebay). I only paid $2200 for it. It does need plenty of work & had 203K on it at the time. But, the price was too good for me to pass up. Modding the motors shouldn't be tough. Other than some electronic compatability (which even I don't know about), you are still looking at an American V8. Internal parts will be plentiful. As for gas mileage, don't get your hopes up. I saw a Shelby Dakota on Ebay with 13K miles on it & it's original window sticker. Mileage ratings were 14 city/17 highway. I've checked my economy twice. Both times I was at or just under 15mpg. :thumbdown So much for overdrive helping out.:lol: One of those checks was on the drive back after buying it (all interstate).

3. tesgt350

tesgt350 Well-Known Member

Well..... to find a Shelby Dakota that is For Sale......Start here in the Classifieds Section. There is 4 of them listed.