Join Shelby Forums Today

Returning Shelby

Discussion in 'Shelby Dodge' started by CSX375, Jun 11, 2007.

1. CSX375

CSX375 Well-Known Member

Hey,

I don't know if any of you remember me, I was active here about two years ago, but have since started college and have otherwise been lead astray from interesting cars. Recent events however, namely my roommate getting a motorcycle, and our neighbors having a WRX STi and a Audi S4, have lead me and my father to decide to bring my '87 CSX back to life.

There is a lot of work that needs to be done, the exhaust is shot, the transmission has failed, and the engine is probably full of moths. But we both want the car back, and we are willing to do what we can to bring it back.

So with that in mind, does anyone know what the going rate is for an A555? I know it isn't stock, so I will keep the original, but I just don't want the transmission failing on me again. So if anyone knows where I could find an A555, I would appreciate the tip.

It is good to be back.
    jim

2. DeLa1Rob

DeLa1Rob Well-Known Member

Welcome back Jim! We missed you.

Too bad you didn't post a few weeks earlier, my son just sold his Shelby Z for parts. It had a very good A555 but alas it is no more. I would think you should be able to find a good quality one for $300. As long as you are upgrading, you may want to consider an A568.

robin