Join Shelby Forums Today

thumbnail photos

Discussion in 'General Website Info & Help' started by eljimb0, Jun 2, 2007.

1. eljimb0

eljimb0 Well-Known Member

No matter how small I size my photos they still show up as thumbnails.. I am starting to get a complex about this. :confused: Is there some sort of feature I am not aware of that enables pictures to be normal sized.
    thanks,
    jimbo

2. KensKR

KensKR Well-Known Member

I use Supermotors.net for all my pictures. If I want to post a picture in a forum I pull up the picture I want to use, when I copy the picture I have a choice of thumb, url, tag or Img. The picture below is using Img. Then paste the picture to my thread.
    Kenny

[​IMG]

3. eljimb0

I don't seem to have that choice..
    Are large pictures like yours hosted by another site??
    It does not seem so.. If I re-post one of your pictures it comes back thumbnail sized...

Attached Files:

4. eljimb0

Re: from the FAQs

What Are Attachments?
    The administrator may allow you to use the attachment feature of this forum, which gives you the ability to attach files of certain types to your posts. This could be an image, a text document, a zip file etc. There will be a limit to the file size of any attachments you make.

To attach a file to a new post, simply click the [Manage Attachments] button at the bottom of the post composition page, and locate the file that you want to attach from your local hard drive.

After posting, the image attachments may display a thumbnail, depending on the forum settings. To view the contents of the attachment (if it is not already displayed) simply click the filename link that appears next to the attachment icon.

Are some posters allowed to post large pictures, and others not?

jimbo

5. KensKR

KensKR Well-Known Member

Here is a link to my Supermotors album if you'd like to check it out. Membership is free, but your limited to the amount of pictures you can post. or I bought a yearly membership so I have unlimited space. Even with the free membershp your not limited to a pixel amount.
    http://www.supermotors.net/15272

6. eljimb0

Thanks for the help Ken,
    got it...

[​IMG]

fun one.. click on the tach [​IMG]

jimbo

Last edited: Jun 3, 2007
  7. KensKR

KensKR Well-Known Member

Jimbo, I'm glad your up and running. Your car looks nice.
    Kenny

8. rshelby

rshelby ShelbyForums Admin Staff Member

You can do the same thing here if you post your photos in the photo gallery. Jimbo, the discrepancy here is that there is a difference between attaching a photo to the post and linking a photo (inserting a photo) within a post. When you attach the photo to the post, it will always be a thumbnail, which you can click to see the full size photo. If you insert a photo, it will will be whatever size you have inserted...it will only be a thumbnail if you are linking a thumbnail. Just upload your photos to the photo gallery and link (insert) them into your posts.

For example, this image is inserted by copying and pasting the BB Image Code from our gallery:

[​IMG]

Look where the arrow is pointing to see the BB Image Code:

[​IMG]

I'll try to put together some more thorough instructions in the near future.
    Randall