Join Shelby Forums Today

Carroll Shelby and Rucker Performance Create The Ultimate Performance Motorc

Discussion in 'Shelby News Forum' started by rshelby, May 8, 2007.

1. rshelby

rshelby ShelbyForums Admin Staff Member

Carroll Shelby and Rucker Performance Create The Ultimate American Performance Motorcycle

Las Vegas - February 6, 2007 – Shelby Automobiles, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Carroll Shelby International Inc., (CSBI.PK) and Rucker Performance unveiled a limited production Shelby motorcycle at the Cincinnati V-Twin Expo in Cincinnati, Ohio, on February 2, 2007. This incredible high performance American motorcycle, which rivals the power to weight ratio of the famed Shelby Cobra 427 S/C, was developed in partnership between the two companies and will be built by Rucker Performance, under license by Carroll Shelby Licensing, Inc. Shelby Automobiles Inc., manufactures high performance Shelby vehicles, including the new 2007 Ford Shelby GT, under the guidance of the legendary Carroll Shelby. Rucker Performance is a leading designer and manufacturer of custom American muscle production motorcycles.

"It's no secret that stuffing a powerful American motor into a lightweight chassis has been my formula for success," noted Carroll Shelby, CEO of Shelby Automobiles. "Working with Bill Rucker and his team, we've taken this same approach on the new Shelby motorcycle. My team at Shelby Automobiles has worked closely with Rucker Performance to create a motorcycle that offers the same thrill as driving my Cobra."

Fellow Texan Bill Rucker is famous for building spectacular two wheeled motorcycles that are among the most exciting vehicles in the world. He is Founder and CEO of Rucker Performance, a manufacturer of high performance American muscle and chopper motorcycles. Rucker is a designer, builder and fabricator, bringing entrepreneurial experience and more than 30 years of management success in motorcycle manufacturing, drag racing and hot rods to the company. Over the years, the Rucker name became synonymous with quality, technological innovation and extensive customization.

"We're going to build the ultimate American high performance motorcycle," said Bill Rucker, President of Rucker Performance. "From the initial design to the innovation of new parts, every aspect of this motorcycle was created with that goal in mind. It'll be a lightweight, fire-breathing ride that's as inspiring as the four wheeled vehicles that wear the Shelby name."

The specs of this pro-stock sytle bike will make any enthusiast's heart beat faster. Racing-style front forks and a high performance braking system with ceramic brake rotors will make it nimble, while the Pingel 1-6 electric shifting system and air ride suspension will make it comfortable. To keep the bike svelte, the upper body and wheels will be built of carbon fiber while Superform will create the aluminum body panels.

The heart of the powerhouse is a new S&S X-Wedge 128 c.i.d. engine with closed loop VFI fuel injection that will churn out an astounding 150 HP. Rucker Performance is one of only five manufacturers to have access to the powerful new engine and one of the first applications will be in the new Shelby motorcycle.

Each "Shelby" motorcycle can be custom painted according to the owner's personal tastes and will include a special edition logo. In addition, a complete line of "Shelby" merchandise including apparel, accessories and limited edition collector's items will be available. Production of the "Shelby" will begin in 2007 and will include up to 25 motorcycles that will be available for purchase by the third quarter of this year. Production of a second round of bikes will begin in the fall of 2007.

"While Porsche has designed bicycles and BMW snowboards, Carroll's been looking for an opportunity to apply our 40 years of experience to a world class motorcycle program," added Amy Boylan, Shelby Automobiles Inc., president. "He's ridden motorcycles most of his life, so we created a partnership with a manufacturer that meets the high performance standards associated with the Shelby name. This project demonstrates the potential for design and engineering innovation available at Shelby Automobiles. We look forward to launching this motorcycle and watching yet another Shelby product move to the front of the pack."

About Shelby Automobiles, Inc.
    Founded by legend Carroll Shelby, Shelby Automobiles, Inc., (www.shelbyautos.com) manufactures and markets performance vehicles and related products. Based in Las Vegas, the company manufactures authentic continuation Cobras, including the 427 S/C, 289 FIA and 289 street car component vehicles. In 2007, the company partnered with Ford Motor Company to launch the new Shelby GT, which is based on the Mustang.

Shelby Automobiles is a division of Carroll Shelby International, Inc. (CSBI.PK). Carroll Shelby Licensing Inc., also a wholly owned division, is the exclusive holder of manufacturer and entrepreneur Carroll Shelby's trademarks and vehicle design rights, which include some of the world’s most famous muscle cars and high-performance vehicles, including the famous Shelby Cobra Daytona Coupe. It also holds trademark rights for Shelby-branded apparel, accessories and collectibles. For information about the company or licensing opportunities visit www.carrollshelbyinternational.com.

About Rucker Performance
    Rucker Performance Motorcycle Company began production in 2004 and has become a leading designer and certified EPA manufacturer of custom American Muscle motorcycles. Rucker Performance is known for ground-shaking performance with fabrication sheet metal work and a fit and finish that competes with the top one-off custom bikes in the motorcycle industry. Rucker Performance has an in house design department that has the capability to complete the ultimate in extreme, signature graphics and paint selection. Additional information is available at www.ruckerperformance.com.

Attached Files:

2. daltondavid

daltondavid Well-Known Member

I do not believe I have ever seen a picture of Carroll on a Motorcycle. I would love to see a vintage picture of that! all the Flyboys loved Motorcycles right alongside of Airplanes. Interesting Bike. what part did Shelby inc. design? will these be in the new Registry? how limited is production? did anyone buy one yet?

3. computerworks

computerworks Well-Known Member

...better not be. :rolleyes:
    It's my understanding that SAAC is only concerned with Ford-powered vehicles that have Shelby involvement.

The bike is...well...interesting looking. :blink:

4. mrmustang

mrmustang Well-Known Member

5. 6t5

6t5 Member

Based on a Harley, the design could've gone the waaaaay-side. . .ape-hanger handlebars, chrome everything, etc., etc. ---I ride a Ducati 1098. At least Rucker has a road race theme:thumbup: . For cruising on the boulevard, I'd ride it. Remember the Tuttle's of American Chopper fame. . . the Shelby bike they built for Unique Performance?? I'd never throw a leg over that!

http://www.azreporter.com/media/2/ambikeandcar.jpg
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...ke1.jpg/300px-AmericanChopper_ShelbyBike1.jpg

6. daltondavid

daltondavid Well-Known Member

The Tuttles?? who the hell are they?? the Walrus never built a Bike until 1999! as for that "Shelby Bike" they created and swapped out for the Eleanor car, I thought it was a lop sided trade. I found it even more interesting that both the Shelby OCC Bike and the Two Eleanor cars that the two Paul's had were auctioned off at Barret-Jackson this past January...

7. CSX375

CSX375 Well-Known Member

Nothing about it seems particularly Shelby, it just seems like good old fashioned badge engineering.

jim

8. 66GT350PS

66GT350PS Well-Known Member

This is not the first Shelby motorcycle series project. Back in 2003 the Shelby American shop (forerunner of Shelby Autos) had the Titan Shelby motorcycle during the Series 1 production. Check the history section on the carrollshelby.com web page. I recall a bike or two in the showroom.

9. tesgt350

tesgt350 Well-Known Member

I am not sure it was lop sided, Shelby and Unique Performance got ALOT of Air Time that they probably would of had to pay a lot more for.

10. John76

John76 Well-Known Member

I ride a custom hayabusa on the weekdays and a pro-street drag style bike on the weekends. Both are fun and fast...i like the look of the shelby bike. It has race lines and should be fast. But this is just a case of using a successful brand name to promote another product.