Join Shelby Forums Today

Factory Five Replica

Discussion in 'Shelby Cobra' started by MetallicaMatt, Apr 7, 2007.

1. MetallicaMatt

MetallicaMatt New Member

Hey everybody,

A friend of mine has a Factory Five Replica with a small block 427 in it. Just finished it up at the end of last year after 2 years of work....beautiful car

I'm thinking about getting one and slowly working on it. I might beable to get my friends 2004 Mustang Cobra motor from him, with a Kenne Bell blower, he's putting down 575hp at the wheels in his mustang Cobra, so that motor in the replica should be nice

I was just wondering how many guys out there have built their own car....things they like, things they hated

2. mrmustang

mrmustang Well-Known Member

Might want to ask this question at ffcobra dot com :laf:

3. MetallicaMatt

MetallicaMatt New Member

OKay, thanks a lot

Or is there something i should know? Wasn't sure with the added face at the end! haha

4. DJR

DJR Well-Known Member

I have a MRK 1. Fantastic car. Customer service from FFR is great. I would definately buy another one. Price, quality, performance second to none. There are a few things I don't like but if I had a real Cobra it would be the same things. Took me about 200 hours to build. Keep in mind I have a complete garage with all tools and experience.
    [​IMG]

5. MetallicaMatt

MetallicaMatt New Member

great, good to hear!

I've got the tools and knowledge. Bodywork isn't my best thing, but I know a few people, and nothing a few beers couldn't help!

they seem like great cars to drive:guns:

6. dv67shelby

dv67shelby Well-Known Member

If you are really serious about building one you should attend their Builders School for a weekend. I took the class about a year ago and really enjoyed it. The guys who teach the class really give you some pointers and excellent direction which will help you immensly in your build. The class costs like $750 or so but you will get $500 back if you buy the kit. I'm not promoting them but the class was very enjoyable and the teachers knowledge made for a nice weekend.
    David

7. MetallicaMatt

MetallicaMatt New Member

thanks for the info

i'll keep it in mind, but probably wont attend since I'm pretty far away from them

I probably wont order until mid-late summer so I have a winter project

8. fordguy1960

fordguy1960 New Member

B&B offers a turnkey minus kit all you need is your engine and trans the rest is done painted in the color of your choice Interior installed, tires and wheels on the car all for about 25K or you can get a kit from them everything and you build the car for about 14k just another option.

9. 67racer

67racer Member

Hi, my husband and I were thinking about building the shelby cobra too... I just wanted to know who are the "B&B"? Any detailed info would be appreciated.
    Thanks.

10. fordguy1960

fordguy1960 New Member

B&B manufacturing has been around for over 30 years please go over to our website at www.bandbroadster.com for all of our kit and option pricing, also please go into the owners group section where you can see hundreds of customers finished cars.
    thanks
    Bryan Anderson
    B&B mfg.

11. 67racer

67racer Member

Hi,

Thanks so much for your info. We will look into it.

best regards,

67 racer

12. CobraGreg

CobraGreg New Member

I built my own car has 427 windsor 560 HP. Its all I want to handle .. Its a beast. The car drives and handles well.. When I was 9 years old I road in a 289 Cobra my uncle own. I was hooked at a young age.. Its a Factory Five kit.. I did every thing but the paint... I'll post some pic's later..