Join Shelby Forums Today

1965/1966 GT 350 paint code-Sapphire Blue

Discussion in '1965-1970 Shelby Mustang GT350 & GT500' started by john67427, Mar 3, 2007.

1. john67427

john67427 New Member

New to this forum. I need your help. Helping restore a GT 350 Mustang. This car is blue metallic with white stripes. Can anyone help with the paint code that was used for this car. Forgive my ignorance on not knowing the exact year '65/'66. THANKS IN ADVANCE. John

2. DJR

DJR Well-Known Member

More information is needed on the car. Check the door tag for paint code. Check under the carpet for traces of original colour.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. patty.dilabio

patty.dilabio Well-Known Member

Hey heres the deal folks!
    if this is a real G.T.350 and it was originally blue,it should be a 1966 and shelby used a 1966 thunderbird color.Bright blue metallic.the Ditzler code is 13705.you will not find it listed under mustang headings.The white stripes were chevrolet commercial white.Ditzler code is 2185.Shelbys as a rule dont have door info like a mustang does,and this is a very nice color for this car.The ditzler color charts are simple to find on their web site,and this should get you moving in the right direction.Can you tell us more about this project?good luck and keep us informed.

4. Snakepit

Snakepit Well-Known Member

Patti's info is correct but you may have some difficulty with the new paint and formulas depending on the part of the country you are in.

What car are you doing?... We've got a Sapphire Blue 66 (not sure if I originally had the stripes ... yet) Built at the end of one of the Hertz runs (automatic and chrome magnums but no Hertz) 6S1203

5. john67427

john67427 New Member

Patty: Thanks for the info. I was somewhat sure it was not a regular production color. Your information verified that for me. Thanks again!! JOHN

6. Grumpy

Grumpy Member

I had no problem up here in NE getting the right paint .. It was a Thunderbird color :cool:

Attached Files: