Join Shelby Forums Today

Shelby Picture Registry

Discussion in 'General Website Info & Help' started by mherman2, Feb 2, 2007.

1. mherman2

mherman2 Well-Known Member

Randall:

I found my KR from years back on the Nevada SAAC picture registry. When you go to the picture registry it says last modified November 2002. No one seems to be keeping it up to date. Since this site is more active, why don't we continue this for the NVSAAC guys? Ask them to take what they have and have our new users add to it and keep it here??

Win for everyone.

NVSAAC - Shelby Picture Registry - Shelby American Automobile Club - Nevada Region

2. 67GT500#2100

67GT500#2100 Shelby Forums Pit Crew

I sent them a picture of my car over a year ago and it has still not been added.

3. mherman2

Exactly,

We could have each member add theirs new and old and keep and up to date picture registry. Nothing against NVSAAC but this site is a lot bigger and more active. We just need to revamp the photo section and categorize it by year and shelby#. Would be fun.

Mike

4. Swiss_Made

Swiss_Made Member

Great idea! I love the NVSAAC website but it is never updated.

5. skidado

skidado Well-Known Member

Isn't ElJimbo something to do with the NVSAAC? Any chance of a link-up Jim?

The NVSAAC is probably the most significant photo record available (other than the SAAC registry?). I too have noticed it doesn't seem to get updated very often. Other areas of the NVSAAC site are also first class, such as the detailing section, but this too has some big gaps in it.

Shelbyforums seems to get the traffic and knowledge required to update the information, and the NVSAAC site has the infrastructure and has started the job.

Seems like a no-brainer to link the two in some way for our mutual benefit. Is there a conflict with SAAC and their Registry?

Comments anyone...?:unsure:

David

6. GT350DAVE

GT350DAVE Well-Known Member

SAAC's new Registry for the 1965-1970 Shelby Mustangs will be put together by Kopec in 2008. Rick is setting up a program to include photos with a goal to have pictures of every Shelby Mustang included in the new book as well as a provision to maintain photos in the Registry database. Requests for photos will be made in the Snakebite and on fine forums like this one about a year in advance.

7. rshelby

rshelby ShelbyForums Admin Staff Member

First, let me just say that NVSAAC is a great website and I wouldn't want to take anything away from what they have done. I have noticed the lack of updates though and over the past 6 months I have looked into setting up a system over here to handle that type of info., allowing for descriptions along with photos. I think it would be great to have an easily updated place for this and I can provide that place here at Shelby Forums if you guys think we should.

Jim Elsmore is the guy behind the NVSAAC website. His name over here is shelbyguy. I don't know him personally but he has a great website and has done a lot for Shelby cars. I would be happy to work with him to share information if he is interested.

As for the guys over at SAAC...as mentioned previously, they have been asking for photos to include in the new official print registry. I believe the Cobra one will be out in the next year or so and the Shelby Mustang one after that. We all look forward to the release of those!

As for a photo registry on Shelby Forums, I think it would be great to have a digital/website based collection of photos and allow for a short description. We don't have the resources, experience or knowledge to verify data like SAAC does, and they do a great job of putting together the registry so I wouldn't want to interfere or compete with that in any way. But, I do think it would be good to have a free, easy to access, easily updated photo registry for all to enjoy. I would be happy to do that here, I just don't want to "step on a toes" in the process.

I will be making numerous updates and improvements to Shelby Forums over the next few weeks and could also set up a system to handle this. I'll keep you all posted. At the very least, we could set it up and gather photo/information from all of our current members and add more later. Let me know what you think.
    Randall

8. 1175

1175 Well-Known Member

Sounds like a great idea Randall.

9. eljimb0

eljimb0 Well-Known Member

..The only connection I have with NVSAAC is that I spend half my life at their terrific site drooling on my keyboard. Jim Elsmore has done a great thing for this hobby putting all that information out there for us all to see.
    thank you Jim..

I think the two entities have entirely different intentions regarding the flow of information. I hope they are not at odds with each other. I hesitate to go any further than this on the subject because it would serve no purpose. I support them both.
    jimbo

10. mherman2

Randall:

I like your idea of letting us start to put something up here at this site that is complimentry to what NVSAAC has. I no way do I feel it is competitive but simply complimentry. I just feel we have a more active user group that will constantly update the pics as restorations are done or new cars bought etc.

My KR convert pics on NVSAAC are from 5 years ago when someone else owned the car, I have no way to update it except to send an email and hope they poyt the pics. Giving the power to the user to add pics will make this much easier to maintain and more efficient to maintain.

When the registry is updated this will be a great place for SAAC to come and get pictures or other information on specific cars.

You have done a great job on this site and your efforst are greatly appreciated.:thumbsup:

11. GT350DAVE

GT350DAVE Well-Known Member

Randall and All,
    I don't see SAAC at odds with anyone doing anything with photographs, with the exception of trying to protect owners from the bad guys who take photos off of a site and post someone elses car photo on eBay, offering it for sale as a scam. SAAC is about enjoying the cars and they have always felt an obligation to protect information that would not be in the car owners best interest to let out. That said, the cars belong to us and I am sure there are markings that can be placed on photos to prevent scams. If propery done I am sure we would all like to see more photos here, NVSAAC and in the Registry. Each outlet has a different focas, and that is a good thing.
    Dave