Join Shelby Forums Today

Shelby Series 1 - Who's got one?

Discussion in 'Shelby Limited Editions' started by csxt#10, Sep 8, 2004.

1. DSR31

DSR31 Member

KevinDC5,

I have a deTomaso Pantera '71 and a Shelby Series 1 '99 - neither are still in production nor is there a single source of parts. The auctions for Shelby bits and pieces occured some time ago when Shelby American went bankrupt but these parts are now appearing on eBay from time to time. As you may be aware, the Shelby Series 1 borrowed a lot of parts from the GM line. Not just the Aurora engine but also a lot of interior and exterior parts. The Series 1 borrowed parts from the Olds Aurora, Alero, Intrigue to name a few. So if you are looking for parts, check the item and you should see a GM part number stamped on it somewhere, otherwise look up the part general name on eBay and see if it looks like what you are after. :thumbup:

It would be great to see a separate listing for Series 1 stuff as the Series 1 website (shelbyseries1.com) seems to have gone cold.

2. DSR31

DSR31 Member

This is mine:
    4 piston brake upgrade: Alcon (Shelby factory upgrade)
    Supercharger - factory installed
    Rollbar

The other car is my Stohr race car. The track is Daytona

Attached Files:

3. OTTOMAN

OTTOMAN New Member

got two of them, one na and the other Supercharged

currently changing the engine in the supercharged one

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. GTH298

GTH298 New Member

Hi Kevin,
    I also have a Series One #54 and looking for parts. Any luck?

Also, Ottoman why are you changing out your supercharged engine? Mine is also supercharged and I am having issues. Seems like the Cat is plugged or something, as it looses power on acceleration and inclines. It only has 1000 miles on it though. Perhaps the bad gas (from setting so long with out being driven by the previous owner) messed up some components.

Randy

Last edited: Nov 14, 2010