Join Shelby Forums Today

I understand that there were about 50....

Discussion in 'Shelby Dodge' started by J.Bailey, Dec 27, 2006.

1. DeLa1Rob

DeLa1Rob Well-Known Member

Maybe one of 500 with that paint scheme. There are two more identical ones on eBay also. The Carroll Shelby reference must be for the white w/blue stripes. That car has none of the characteristics of the Fitzgerald cars.

robin

2. ShelbyDakota

ShelbyDakota Member

Not bad looking cars. Although I think the standard Vipers looked very good. Those guys at Viper Alley are like kids with tons of money. Spoiled rotten & have opinions that originate from their a...butts. :D

3. wayward son

wayward son New Member

i just happened to see this old thread, but these pictures that Andrewr05 has listed are the Real McCoy, This car indeed has the 1 of 25 tag under the hood, The rumor was the program was scratched after this car was built due to Shelby's failing health. It is a 1997 Gts, Truly a very rare car..

4. viperguy

viperguy New Member

More info on the Shelby R/T CS vipers and the GTS S/C Viper.

Originally, 50 R/T 10 Shelby cs vipers were to be built. These were a specialty project of Fitzgerald Motorsports. Authorized and collaborated with Carroll Shelby. Dan Fitzgerald of Fitzgerald Motorsports, is a longtime friend of MR. Shelby. When the GTS body style was introduced in 1996, the original plan was changed to produce 25 of the Shelby R/T10 cs, and 25 of the Shelby GTS S/C for a total of 50 cars.
    Between 1995 & 1996, 19 R/T 10 cs vipers were produced. Only ONE GTS S/C was ever made. During this project, MR Shelby's health was in grave condition, and all production on the Shelby Vipers was stopped. In the meantime, Dan Fitzgerald created his own "Snake Package" for the viper. Thus no more Shelby Vipers were ever produced.
    In 2009, at the Viper Invintational 10 in Detroit, Ralph Gilles presented a slide show of collectable vipers. The Shelby Vipers were noted as collectable vipers.

5. SHELBYSERIES1

SHELBYSERIES1 New Member

Hey guys,

Just noticed this thread and figured I would post a link to my car. I am the owner of the one black one that exists. Pictures are available on my new website that I am working on:

http://www.viewmyrides.com/96_Shelby_Edition_Viper.php

These are great cars that get tons of attention at Mopar events. Everyone tends to overlook the Shelby influence on the viper until a Shelby edition shows up. If any other owners are out there, please post pictures of your ride. Would be great to get an active forum going. If anyone has any information about my car I would love it. My documentation is pretty complete but unfortunately I am missing the original owners plaque that went with the cars. If anyone owned this car or has an idea where that might be I would love to reunite with it. LOL.