Join Shelby Forums Today

Dodge Shelby Registry Updated!

Discussion in 'Shelby Dodge' started by shelbyregistry, Dec 3, 2006.

1. shelbyregistry

shelbyregistry New Member

After a mighty long slog, the Shelby Registry has been updated! The program development is very close to being complete and I've keyed in most of the data I have with the exception of 122 entries. I will be trying to resolve this issues as time permits.

I currently have 1301 registered vehicles out of 6125 (about 21%). I also have 43% of all 86 GLHSs registered. Thanks folks!

So far each entry mainly consists of owner and vehicle number. I'll be wading through the other information as provided by the owners as soon as time permits.

The site has been made more CSS complaint although that work isn't complete. Hopefully this will allow the appearance to be consist across browsers.

I have also updated the registry pages for each vehicle. I did remove the email links for each owner since they were way too easy for spammers to harvest. If I find a good solution to help prevent spam from filling your mailboxes, I'll return to using the feature.

In addition to all of these updates, I've also updated the on-line form used for registration. It now has an option to add a new entry or update an existing entry. I'm hoping this will help act as a filter between new entries and updates on existing entries. There's also a new pop-up to describe the format of your VIN. This will help you figure out what it is in case you have a problem telling the difference between some of the digits.

I have taken the factory build sheets and put every vehicle into the database. However, there are many items that are missing or just plain wrong. By providing complete information, it makes it easier for me to correct errors as well as contact folks in the event of question about their registration. I understand that some people don't want to provide too much information but rest assured, the information will never to given or sold to anyone at any time. I currently ask for the following information:

Name (as complete as possible. There are a number of folks out there with the same name!) Address, City, State and zip (once again this may help me contact you in the future)

Phone (see above. Too many people change email addresses)
    Email (for obvious reasons)
    Vehicle Model (if available)

Car Number (I understand that many number plates are missing but I can help you figure out your number) VIN (Probably the most important piece of information. It helps me match your car to the list and it also prevents someone else registering your vehicle in their name) Options/Mods (personal mods are great but I also need Lancer configuration (C/5, L/A, C/A, L/5) , 89 CSX configuration (Recaros, wide tires or both) and Dakota color (red or white).

http://www.shelbyregistry.com/pages/register.html

I can tell you that I have NO VIN numbers for the 89 Dakotas and I'm missing many others. The Dakota build sheets are by far the worst (followed by the 89 CSX and 87 GLHS) so any information you can provide would be greatly appreciate.

For those of you who've found stripped or crushed vehicles, thanks for reporting them. Although you may not have been the owner, I use the reporters name as the owner. If you can get the VIN, it would provide even more insight into the quality of the build lists.

I have added an automated For Sale section that allows individuals to post their ads. It also allows for automatic expires and editing of an existing ad.

http://www.shelbyregistry.com/ads/

Once again I want to thank everyone for their patience. I hope to have a sustainable system that will allow me to eventually find all of the vehicles.

Just as a little teaser, another much requested feature will be added to the Registry very soon.

Cheers.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 3, 2006
  2. DeLa1Rob

DeLa1Rob Well-Known Member

Thanks Bill for getting this long needed update in place. Is it OK to report new owners of Shelbys I have sold? Or would you rather hear from the new owner directly?

robin

3. ShelbyDakota

ShelbyDakota Member

I presume that the register is always accepting new entries? :D