Join Shelby Forums Today

1991 Shelby Daytona

Discussion in 'Shelby Dodge' started by 1969gt350, Oct 10, 2006.

1. 1969gt350

1969gt350 Member

I'm looking into buying a 1991 Shelby Daytona at a local garage. Would anyone out there know where I can find information on it. I heard that 1991 was the last year for the Shelby Daytona. What should I be looking for to make sure it is a real one. How much is it worth (it has 77K miles on it and needs some body work, struts, tires, etc). Did they have a sunroof? Any help would be appreciated. Steve

2. DeLa1Rob

DeLa1Rob Well-Known Member

1991 was the last year of the Dodge Daytona Shelby. It was also the first year of the Daytona IROC. A few cars have been noted with both badging.

They came equipped with a high torque turbocharged 2.5 liter engine. They also came with the A-568 Getrag transaxle. I believe there was still a sunroof option in '91. I know the T-top option was discontinued after '89.

robin

3. 1969gt350

1969gt350 Member

Thanks for the info Robin.

4. 1969gt350

1969gt350 Member

Does anyone have an idea what a 91 Shelby Daytona in average condition with low milage would be worth? It appears that it has been sitting outside for some time. A little rust on the top of the rear wheel wells. Engine a little crusty from moisture. The guy is asking $2800. I thought that was a little steep due to the condition. How would I know it is an original Shelby? By the vin#? Any special features? I was told it runs good, but haven't driven it.

5. DeLa1Rob

DeLa1Rob Well-Known Member

Myself, I wouldn't pay any more for the low mileage. It does not sound like it has had exceptional care. For value, the Shelby Daytona should be similar to the IROC Daytona. Probably around $2300.

I am not sure what codes you should look for to authenticate it. Hopefully some one with more experience in the G-body cars will respond.

robin

6. GLHS444

GLHS444 Well-Known Member

I agree with Robin on this, for the price they are asking, you maybe able to find one in a little better condition. The milage maybe low, but with it's age, it is still going to suffer from the same issues a higher milage car would have.
    IMHO, for what that place is asking, you could hold out for a numbered Shelby for the same price, possibly in the same or better condition.

To check the VIN go here:
    http://www.allpar.com/mopar/vin-decoder.html

As far as options, I don't have a clue, as I am more into the L body cars (close to a S&M fetish, or it seems to be sometimes :wacko: )

Good luck..