Join Shelby Forums Today

New Shelby Owner Has Been Bamboozled! - 89 CSX VNT

Discussion in 'Shelby Dodge' started by djdowdell, Aug 21, 2006.

1. djdowdell

djdowdell Member

Hey guys, i own (well making buy here, pay here payments):blink: an 89 CSX VNT. I got a few problems. Before I bought it the dealer said that everything was original and it only ran rough because it sat 2 years. Well, since the plates were that old and the odo show 82k, I believed him. So we struck a deal for $1000 on payments (i only owe $400 now) and i drove it home sputtering and smoking. I did a major tune up form the fuel filter all the way up to under the hood and changed the gas. I drove it for a week to work and noticed on uphill journeys it was a battle:mad: (hmmm..uphill battle...LOL)^_^ . Then one day driving home the trans would grind while it was still in gear! Well my wife came to pick me up when her car broke down and low and behold the trans locked up 20 feet away from her car and we had to tow her.:mad: :mad: :mad: On further discovery on the net and Chilton's and Haynes (and my wife cussing out the car lot) that my trans was not the og trans though still an a555. Then I found out my engine was wrong after seeing a pic of one with a black valve cover that read "Shelby". Hmmm....mine says "Chrysler turbo". Well that and the Mitsu hair dryer told me that i have a turbo I. That told me that the reason why my car was running rich and had no power was this engine here. But my trans does this: with the clutch pedal on the floor it wont move until i press the gas.wierd. then when in neutral it acts as though its in 2 or 3rd gear. Hella, weird. anyone know why? clutch or trans?

2. csx267

csx267 Member

Re: New Shelby Owner Has Been Bamboozled!

i would just pull the motor and trany and redo them both that or i would talk to an lawer about a lemon law false pretence case.

3. Millershelby#186

Millershelby#186 New Member

Re: New Shelby Owner Has Been Bamboozled!

Or you could buy mine that is for sale, see add on this site. Sorry to hear about your problems though........