Join Shelby Forums Today

Spf Gt #003

Discussion in 'GT40 & Ford GT' started by The Commissioner, Mar 21, 2006.

1. The Commissioner

The Commissioner Well-Known Member

It's finally arrived, SPF GT #003. We'll be dropping in a 427 Roush engine mated to a ZF 5spd. I'll have more photos tomorrow posted, and will post as the installation process progresses.

[​IMG]

2. Tout

Tout Well-Known Member

Commish,
    Well it's about time, I think most of the dealers just got their first car and hate to let go of them. How long until the next delivery and is this car yours or a customers? The install should be interesting , the small block being the first to arrive , any time frame on the BB cars?
    Tout

3. The Commissioner

The Commissioner Well-Known Member

Each of the first cars will probably be used by the dealers for their demo models, at least we are. That will give up ample opportunity to figure out the install and then improve on the chassis by sharing lessons learned. It'll take the factory several months to clear out the backlog, then they'll be full tilt in production. No time frame on the BB cars yet. I can't wait, this is going to be a fun car to drive. Big folks will have a time getting in an out, even with a removable steering wheel. More photos are now posted on
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v687/Commish43/?start=0
    pages 1-3.