Join Shelby Forums Today

1999 Shelby Series 1 For Sale On Ebay

Discussion in 'Shelby Limited Editions' started by stephen_becker, Mar 5, 2006.

1. stephen_becker

stephen_becker Well-Known Member

One week only

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 7, 2008
  2. 5S301

5S301 Active Member

Hi Stephen,

I thought you were retired? Glad to see you are back on a forum sharing your thoughts and experience with the public again. I think leaving that other chickenshot forum was a good call IMHO.

3. stephen_becker

Well, I appreciate that support thread. I have retired but that does not mean I am not still a little bit active. I really enjoy this forum that Randall Shelby and Co. has put together. It is smart, funny and informative. The other forum was o.k. but if a bunch of people "piled on" you no one would go public with a defense for the poor guy that got hammered - they just left you out in the wind to hang, or worse sent you a private e mail saying they support you but refused to post that e mail support on the thread, thus, leaving you to hang...........

The Series 1 did sell on e bay and is going to Norway! I hope the heater works well!!!! LOL!

Anyways, I enjoy the site and will contribute when I can -

Best!

SGB

4. Tout

Tout Well-Known Member

I wonder who will fix it when it goes down? There are one or two people in this country that will work on these and that is on the west coast. The 95,000 was an average price on these cars, this one was high due to the miles.There was only one of these that would interest me, it was red with black stripes, fully optioned car, with the supercharger, special black wheels and signed by everyone that worked on it.Last known to be in Arizona with 1100 miles.This was worth looking at.
    Tout

5. stephen_becker

It is an all GM drive-train (Northstar motor, Corvette transmission and rear end) so servicing it never has been and will not be a problem. Body parts and interior parts are available from the Shelby factory in Las Vegas.

6. Tout

Tout Well-Known Member

Steven,
    You may be correct on the items, but getting a dealer to work on one is near impossible, I was in the position a few years ago to buy the red car I described, but in talking to the few people in the know on these , I passed.There is a web page on these that goes into a lot of detail , from the build problems to servicing today, yes there are two places on the west coast, both are owners and people that were there building these cars.Gary Patterson would be the Shelby guy for certian body panels, you can't get everything in case of an accident. Call me some time, I put alot into this before deciding not to buy.
    Tout