Join Shelby Forums Today

Looking for info on a 289 "SHELBY" intake -

Discussion in '1965-1970 Shelby Mustang GT350 & GT500' started by Mitch, Jul 28, 2016.

1. Mitch

Mitch New Member

Greetings all. I'm new to the site and am looking for any info concerning an intake I have. It is a "SHELBY" labeled aluminum manifold, and has to part number or firing order shown...

I've looked at various sites and have not found on that is like it. I've attached a few pictures and if anyone can supply any info, I'd appreciate it greatly.

Mitch

Attached Files:

2. rsimkins

rsimkins Well-Known Member

Mitch,

This looks like an over the counter manifold sold by Shelby circa 1968. Shelby put his name on many performance parts that were virtually the same as many Cobra lettered parts (intake manifolds, air cleaners, rocker covers, etc.). Many were made by the same suppliers as the Cobra parts. Performance wise the manifold was the same as the COBRA lettered intakes, however, it looks like someone had the center dividers milled out to "improve" performance. This manifold was never installed on a production vehicle, much less a Shelby. Hope this helps.

rshelby likes this.
  3. Mitch

Mitch New Member

Thanks a bunch... thought that this may be the case. Appreciate the confirmation..