Join Shelby Forums Today

GT-500 engine

Discussion in '1965-1970 Shelby Mustang GT350 & GT500' started by nismotwin, May 27, 2016.

1. nismotwin

nismotwin Member

Hello all, i have a complete 428 from oil pan to air cleaner cover from a 67 gt500. What i'm wondering is what is the value of this engine? I also have what i believe to be the original C6 trans the ID tag is missing so i can't be sure. Thanks guys!!

2. mrmustang

mrmustang Well-Known Member

What is the VIN or partial VIN stamped into the engine and transmission?

What are the casting numbers of the block, heads, water pump, intake manifold, carbs, andthe base of the air cleaner?

What is the casting number of the main transmission housing?

Yes, all of these items will make a difference in placing value on to the parts and/or assemblies

3. nismotwin

nismotwin Member

I will get all of these written down and reply shortly thanks.

4. nismotwin

nismotwin Member

Ok sorry for the delay...here are the casting numbers, block-C6ME, both heads-C7AE-A, water pump-D4TE-B505-A2A (guessing it's not original), intake-C7ZX-9425-A, front carb-C3AF-BKA-6MA, rear carb-C3AF-BJ-A-6MD, air cleaner base-S7MS9600B, not sure on the main bell housing this was on the pump-C6AP-7A105A, this was on the driver's side lower case just above the pan RF-C6AP-7006. Not sure if it has a partial vin but found this number stamped on the front of the passenger cylinder head, 321 82? 2789 the 7 is possibly a 5. again thanks guys for your time. I'm not really looking to part it out but, sell as an assembly and would really love to know it's value.

5. nismotwin

nismotwin Member

Nobody?? Really??? Nobody can tell me an estimated value of this engine? I thought i was providing the info needed. I'm not a tenured shelby pro. Seems everyone i have spoken to just gets frustrated. Who's gonna step up??

6. mrmustang

mrmustang Well-Known Member

One of the reasons why nobody will respond with pricing is that it all depends on the condition of each item.

Carbs can be rebuildable to OEM in the box, yet still need rebuilding due to various reasons. Pricing is then subject to condition and completeness of those items

Intakes can have microcracks, or bolt holes that are in need of repair.

Engine, block, internals, etc, same thing?

Has it ever been part, have there been modifications internally, these are all questions that need to be investigated and responded to.

Between the two center spark plugs on each head will be a casting number, the numbers provided are not useful at this time

back of the block, drivers side, small pad should have a partial VIN stamped in it

Not trying to give you a hard time, but the more details, usually with quality, well lit pictures will get you a better response as to actual value of what you have, the differences could be enormous

Finally, a location (of you not the motor) is suggested for your profile

7. nismotwin

nismotwin Member

Thank you for the responce, i did speak with someone and got a general idea of it's value but, if your perhaps interested in a more accurate value as it can vary greatly then PM me and i can send all of the info, pics needed.

8. Coralsnake

Coralsnake Well-Known Member

Certainly, you are not going to get rich off the motor. The carbs and intake have value, but used engine parts arent really in great demand.