Join Shelby Forums Today

TWELVE SHELBYS TO BE AUCTIONED AT BARRETT-JACKSON IN SCOTTSDALE

Discussion in 'Events Forum' started by Scott Black, Jan 13, 2005.

1. Scott Black

Scott Black New Member

SCOTTSDALE, Ariz., January 13, 2005 – Twelve sizzling Shelby super cars will be up for grabs during the Barrett-Jackson Auction in Scottsdale, Ariz. Built by the legendary Carroll Shelby, these rolling pieces of American automotive history will be available at no reserve during the 34th Annual Barrett-Jackson Classic Car Auction scheduled for Jan. 25th –30th at WestWorld in Scottsdale.

“The Barrett-Jackson Auction has earned a reputation for attracting the most collectible cars in the world,” noted Craig Jackson, president of the Barrett-Jackson Auction Company. “By offering so many significant vehicles for sale, we’ve attracted the most discriminating collectors and some of the biggest names in the automotive world. For instance, we expect the snake charmer himself, Carroll Shelby to shake the hand of the lucky bidders who capture one of these timeless cars.”

A vintage Shelby G.T.500 fastback set a world record at last year’s Scottsdale auction with a total sale price of $280,000, making it one of the most expensive Ford Mustang-based Shelbys in the world. With high demand and low quantities for existing Shelbys, prices have soared over the past four years.

“Genuine Shelby vehicles have reached astounding popularity over the last couple of years,” added Steve Davis, Senior Executive Vice President in charge of the consignment process of the Barrett-Jackson Auction Company. “Carroll reinvented the performance world with his Cobras and Mustangs in the 1960’s. Our team has worked hard to assemble what may be the best selection of collectible Shelbys ever offered at no reserve as we’re auctioning a representative of almost every Shelby ever built.”

Included in this year’s auction is an original 1963 Shelby 289 Cobra #CSX2102, a 427 Cobra, three G.T.350 fastbacks, three big block G.T.500s, a G.T.500KR fastback and convertible and two 1999 Shelby Series 1 roadsters. All of the vehicles are available at no reserve and come with documented histories and paperwork. Each is listed in the Shelby World Registry.

The Barrett-Jackson Scottsdale Auction is scheduled for Wednesday, Jan. 26th to Sunday, Jan. 30th, 2005, with the new Gala night taking place Jan. 25th, at WestWorld in Scottsdale. This year’s banner event will include 900+ quality collector cars offered at no reserve, an additional fifth auction day along with new activities, a luxury lifestyle pavilion and a host of celebrities. The Barrett-Jackson Auction, presented by Dodge-Chrysler-Jeep, will be aired on the SPEED Channel Network live, and will consist of 24-hours of prime time coverage.

About Barrett-Jackson
    Established in 1971, Barrett-Jackson specializes in providing products and services to classic and collector car owners, astute collectors and automotive enthusiasts worldwide. The company produces the “World’s Greatest Classic Car Auction” in Scottsdale, Ariz., and has expanded to other venues including Palm Beach, Florida and Southern California. For more information, visit www.barrett-jackson.com or call (480) 421-6694.

###

Media Contacts
    Person: Scott Black @ TimePiece PR
    Phone: (214) 520-3430 ext. 303
    Email: sblack@timepiecepr.com

2. daltondavid

daltondavid Well-Known Member

Shelby Muscle cars have been long underpriced in comparison to Mopars hemi vehicles. But they are playing catch up quick! if you are looking to Buy one, DO IT NOW!! befor elong the common man will not be able to afford them. :alarm:

3. roddster

roddster Well-Known Member

I am a common man, and feel quite blessed to have bought one way back when. It doesn't look too good for me to find a buyable brother for it to go next to it in the garage.

4. csx4000

csx4000 New Member

hemi's command the price because people buy them because of the engine. You can buy a mach1 with a 428 cj/scj, so there is no difference in performance between that and a gt500 (most built oin ford's assembly line anyways). to me, the shelby mustangs are beautiful cars, and if I could have bouight a gt500 for what i payed for my 1970 mach1 428 scj $6000, i would have. however, lately, the prices have been going through the roof on shelby cars, expected so on cars with racing history, but also on street versions. the value of any collector car is due to supply and demand. what's been happening with vintage model t and a prices lately. i think they have been going down. supply and demand.

i don't think any street shelby mustang will ever come close to the value of a hemi cuda/challenger convertible, or a hemi daytona/superbird although i haven't been paying close attention to these prices lately.

5. glhs0075

glhs0075 Member

I thought there was also 2 1989 CSX's being auctioned?

6. TLEA

TLEA Well-Known Member

You are replying to an 8 year old post

7. glhs0075

glhs0075 Member

Oops, Noob mistake. I'm not sure how I thought it was current.

8. rshelby

rshelby ShelbyForums Admin Staff Member

Check out the attached pdf for a listing of Shelbys for sale at the Barrett-Jackson Scottsdale, AZ Auction in 2013. Additional Shelby vehicles may be listed under Dodge or Ford.

You can read the 2013 Barrett Jackson thread by clicking here.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 14, 2013
  9. TLEA

TLEA Well-Known Member

Thats OK, we've all done it. Welcome to the forum