Join Shelby Forums Today

Shelby appearances and autographs?

Discussion in 'Shelby Collectibles: Books, Model Cars, Posters & ' started by 96MysticSVT, Dec 17, 2005.

1. 96MysticSVT

96MysticSVT New Member

Does anyone know of a list that has the planned physical appearances of Carroll Shelby? I was ably to meet him once, I had a picture taken with him and had him sign a few things. I would love the opportunity to meet him again; he is a super nice guy.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2005
  2. TLEA

TLEA Well-Known Member

Re: Shelby appearances?

I would assume he'll be in Vegas in February

3. rshelby

rshelby ShelbyForums Admin Staff Member

He makes quite a few appearances at different events. Certainly the SAAC events top the list but they are very popular and crowded. If you want to talk to him, keep your eyes open for a smaller event/appearance. If you or anyone just want an autograph, you can send items to him to sign.
    RS

4. glhcsx364

glhcsx364 Member

Volo Auto Museum sent out a flyer saying the Mr. Shelby will be at Chicago this year since he was unable to show last year.

Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks!

5. pamman

pamman Member

june 3rd. paul #2373

6. 66GT350PS

66GT350PS Well-Known Member

You will find that Carroll makes most of his appearances on behalf of the Carroll Shelby Childrens Foundation which posts his upcoming appearances. That web site is on the Forums site. He also attends major Shelby Auto Club of America events and some auctions and art gallery events. He is expected at the SAAC Does Vegas 10 in February. See the the shelbyautos.com site for info. If you would like a signature but do not want to personally say hello, check the Foundation site for information. However, he does love to meet the fans and have a brief chat at signature sessions. The signature session prices are the same at appearances or for items sent to the Gardena shop.

7. glhcsx364

glhcsx364 Member

Thanks for the information. I have signatures from him for my cars, but I have never personally met him before. That's why I was pretty keyed up about the Volo Show last year.:thumbsup:

I understand there were health concerns that did not allow him to make it last year. Hopefully he is feeling better and will be in Chicago for the all Shelby show at Volo.

Thanks!

8. 96MysticSVT

96MysticSVT New Member

To me the biggest thrill of having something signed by him is having him sign it in front of me. I'm not getting items signed to resell, they are for my personal collection so I could care less about a COA. So far I have had him sign a few things (mainly diecast GT500's). I guess the pictures I have of him signing each item will be my COA if I ever want one.

Here are three of the cars I have been able to get him to sign for me:
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Here's one of me and Carroll, he is signing the silver car from the pic above.
    [​IMG]

9. bitzman

bitzman Well-Known Member

Check events, Quail Lodge Aug. 13th

they have him scheduled. It is the kind of event he likes
    i.e. "the right crowd and no crowding"

10. 557

557 Well-Known Member

keep in mind he isnt cheap....does anyone know his current rates for a signature???

11. rshelby

rshelby ShelbyForums Admin Staff Member

Donation amounts for the Carroll Shelby Foundation vary (money for an autograph) but are typically much less at an event than the rates for mail in autographs.

Click the link below for mail-in rates (car parts, etc.).
    Shelby Autograph